One of Colorado’s most iconic buildings - the Spaceship House

17 May 2015 15:47 #1 by ScienceChic
If your taste runs toward modern, you'll love it. If I was inside, I'd expect to see the ocean looking out of all those windows, it just seems to be in the wrong location for me. :)

Take a walk through one of Colorado’s most iconic buildings.

Everyone in Denver knows about the Spaceship house that sits on Genesee Mountain overlooking I70. It has been famous for various reasons, and back in 2012 it made Forbes list of “America’s Ugly Mansions”.

This house is most well known as the “Sleeper House” or the “Sculptured House” or the “Spaceship House.” It was made famous in Woody Allen’s 1973 movie comedy “Sleeper”. This home features five levels, 7700 square feet, five bedrooms and baths, state-of-the-art kitchen and a top level master suite. It sits high on Genesee Mountain on 15 acres. It was designed by architect Charles Deaton and is on the National Register of Historic Places for its architectural merit.

More photos (including interior) at: www.imfromdenver.com/take-a-walk-through...st-iconic-buildings/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds