August 6th Jeffco CARES Festival

28 Jul 2011 19:54 #1 by Moonchild
I'm not sure if this is the right spot to put this, but it's for families. I found it on Denver Moms Like Me! http://denver.momslikeme.com/members/ev ... m=17782601
Please let me know if it should be moved to some other place. Thank you!

Category: COMMUNITY, FAMILY, FOOD/DRINK, MUSIC, SCHOOL/EDUCATION
Lakewood Heritage Center 801 South Yarrow Street Lakewood, CO 80227

What:
In today's poor economy, it is important to know about the resources available in your community. At the Jeffco CARES Festival, over 50 resources from throughout Jefferson County will be in one place, available for citizens to learn about and gain access to. With a variety of vendors, there is something for everyone. Citizens will enjoy free food, entertainment and give-away prizes, Saturday, August 6th, 12noon - 4pm at the Lakewood Heritage Center, 801 South Yarrow Street, Lakewood. No-cost food will include ice cream, popcorn, Jimmy John’s sandwiches, and hamburgers and hotdogs cooked by West Metro Fire Department. Music and entertainment such as the band Synergy, a Jeffco Sheriff’s K9 dog demonstration, and much more will be happening throughout the afternoon. A wellness corner full of senior resources, massages, haircuts, and health screenings will be available for seniors. A children’s corner will be full of fun activities for all to enjoy including storytelling, face painting, balloon animals, Kookie the clown, bike safety, health screenings and much more. Other activities include a fire truck, ambulance, and the Jeffco Sheriff’s Armored Personnel Carrier. Prizes such as a DIRECTV System, a $50 pass to any City of Lakewood Recreation Center, bowling passes, movie tickets, $50 at Goodyear Tires, and Starbucks coffee will all be given away!

When:
8/6/2011 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Where:
Lakewood Heritage Center 801 South Yarrow Street Lakewood, CO 80227

Cost:
Free

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds