Conifer Public Library- Call for LEGO donations

20 Sep 2012 12:30 #1 by ConiferPublicLibrary
One thing I would like to start in the new year, if possible, is a LEGO club for kids 4-5+. Tactile construction allows kids brains to develop and once again it can be tied to literacy as the child makes up the story behind what they are creating. After our creations are made I would like to display them for all the patrons to see.

In order to do this, I'm sending out this request for any LEGO donations. If you have children or grandchildren that may have outgrown their LEGOs we would love to see how much we can get for a club activity like this.

Thanks
Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2012 21:05 #2 by ScienceChic
Brian spoke at the Conifer Area Council Town Hall meeting last night, and I chatted with him briefly afterwards. Our community worked hard to save the library from closing, and he's been working really hard to provide unique services that speak to all ages. I love his idea of having the kids create items with Legos and make up stories in their heads at the same time - building fine motor skills concurrently with imagination and creativity.

If you have Legos, and craft supplies (something he incorporates into another class), laying around that you don't use anymore, please drop them off at the library (or take them to the Conifer Chamber office in the Cabin Creek Smokehouse BBQ/Coldwell Banker building and I'll pick them up and take them for you).

Thank you!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Sep 2012 09:08 #3 by ConiferPublicLibrary
Thanks for the added call and information! :)

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds