Why do mothers judge one another and their parenting?

03 Jun 2010 10:30 #11 by TPP
Agreed, but there are no tests, or licenses to have a child, yet!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2010 11:01 #12 by BaileyMama

TPP wrote: Agreed, but there are no tests, or licenses to have a child, yet!

Some days I think there should be. Especially in cases like my adopted sister-in-law. She has a baby but doesn't want to take the time to raise her. Apparently she interferes with her needed 10 hours of sleep daily. :bash

03 Jun 2010 14:59 #13 by TPP
Well, Duh! Puppies do the same thing, and are much more fun, when younger, stick with puppies...

07 Jun 2010 22:31 #14 by Local_Historian
Too often. for me, it started before I even had my first child, i was just largely pregnant with her. I lived in Gunnison then, and this woman lectured me about teen parents. When she finally paused to breathe, I told her I agreed with her, which is why my husband I waited three years to have a child. (I was 24 at the time) shut her the hell up.

Why? Cause they are likely so insecure they project their assumed faults onto others.

Now my dad and i will talk to the kids when they are acting out - ask them if that's a nice way to teat their mom or dad or siblings. Stops them right in their tracks, without any criticism of the parents.

Though there have been parents I think need a good beating - like the woman who allowed her child to pick up a toy off my table at a craft fair and LICK it. and then she put it back, no apology. I'm supposed to sell that to someone now? WTH? And yes, I did take it off the table and washed it later.

07 Jul 2010 17:52 #15 by major bean

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds