Conifer Public Library- Book Group

14 Nov 2012 14:00 #1 by ConiferPublicLibrary
I've been recently speaking with a patron who would like to start a book group, and I've heard from some others about wishing there was one. So here it is!!

For now, the book group meetings in 2013 will be held on the last Tuesday of the month in the Library meeting room. The public library is located in the Conifer High School Library and opens to the public at 2:30 Monday-Thursday, 10-5 on Saturdays, 12-5 on Sundays, closed Fridays. We have the first 5 selections with dates for each one. This group will be largely self run, with me as library contact to help with scheduling and information. We would love to see a large group turn out to share ideas on these books:

Tuesday January 29th Doris Lessing: Alfred and Emily
Tuesday February 26th Neil Gaiman: The Graveyard Book
Tuesday March 26th Paul Harding: Tinkers
Tuesday April 30th Julian Barnes: The Sense of an Ending
Tuesday May 28th Jared Diamon: Guns, Germs and Steel: the fates of human societies
Tuesday June 25th To Be Determined by the Group

If you need help ordering these books or have questions, please let me know. Hope to see you there!

Brian Mosbey
Conifer Public Library Supervisor
303-235-5275
[url=http://www.jeffcolibrary.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.jeffcolibrary.org[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Nov 2012 14:20 #2 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Dec 2012 15:56 #3 by ConiferPublicLibrary
My apologizes. I see that I neglected to put the time for the book club. It will be from 6:30-8:00pm.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds