Letter from Jeffco Public Schools Superintendent 2013-14 yr

18 Aug 2013 15:48 #1 by ScienceChic
From Jeffco Public Schools :

If you're a Jeffco parent or guardian, you should have received a letter from Jeffco Superintendent Cindy Stevenson about the 2013-14 Jeffco school year filled with innovation and initiatives ~ these important initiatives are designed to help all of our students and staff be successful ~ as we share a few highlights and move forward, we invite you to get involved in the conversation ~ read the letter here: http://jeffcoweb.jeffco.k12.co.us/commu ... letter.pdf

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2013 17:38 #2 by deltamrey
Thank you for the link. Asking for involvment and having three grandkids headed into the shredder of American culture and the failed public educational system.......a little experience I recently was fortunate to savor:

Went on a business trip to Sunnyvale, CA and stayed at a Residence Inn for two weeks. Had breakfast in the attendent dinning facility each day. The place houses contractors brought in to suplement the technical staffs throught Silicon Valley.....hundreds of these extended stay places in the area....most always booked.

I would hazard that 150 people filed through for breakfast daily.....I am sure 95 % were Asian(Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian....well you must get the idea).

These people are getting top saleries (myth around Conifer is that they are cooks, cleaners, etc - rust belt myth) - I guess $150-$200k A YEAR......PLUS HOTEL, CARS, MEALS AND SPENDING CASH FOR INCIDENTALS.......if their families are with them they also receive meals. OK....that engineer therefore is receiving about $400 K a year.....and many are there for many months (oh....they get a free round trip home about monthly). Guess what they get what the market pays----or they can go to dozens of foreign competetors.......easily.

The tech firms in the valley would gladly hire Americans BUT THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM SO FAILED, OUR KIDS ARE AT McDonalds even with a worthless liberal arts degree Mommy/Daddy paid $200K for) living in Moms back room.

The JEFFCO Super has a real challenge. BTW few here will ever go back to Detroit.........as in NEVER(eating is really important).

A crazy solution that may take 10-20 years.....stringently modify the curriculum back to the 1950s era (english, math, science, languages) - dump all other teachers not qualified (test the teachers), FAIL 10% of all students at least a year and hold them back if they cannot cut it, give the teachers absolute authority to fail little Johnny----end social promotions. Give all this 20 years to flush the toilet. IF not......scrub baby scrub.

OH ----cut out this STEM marketing
I am going to vomit
these areas start at 3rd grade........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds