Encouraging Gratitude: Teaching Children to Write Thank Yous

29 Dec 2013 20:15 #1 by ScienceChic
This was posted on the Jefferson County Association for Gifted Children and I thought it a great topic to share:

It really saddened me a couple of years ago when my daughter's teacher pulled me aside to thank me for raising my child to write thank yous...after many years of teaching, the one my daughter wrote that year was the FIRST she'd ever received for the little holiday gifts she put together for the kids. It takes so little to make someone's day and let them know you appreciate the effort they made. Consider how much you would enjoy receiving a thank you note for something you gave or did...

Encouraging Gratitude: Teaching Children to Write Thank You Notes
Posted on December 26, 2013 by Marianne Sunderland

We all want our kids to be thankful – to freely show their gratitude to others. Whether for a gift or a special outing or just for being a good friend, being thankful is not only polite, it’s good for you too. Christmastime offers just the perfect opportunity to encourage thankfulness in your kids by teaching them to write thank you notes!

Tips for Teaching Kids to Write Thank You Notes:

see article for more!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2013 21:35 #2 by FredHayek
I agree. It is not only a good way to show gratitude, it also informs the giver that you received their present.
And if you want to think about it greedily kiddos, the people I get thank you cards from are more likely to get gifts next year. If I don't get one, I am more likely to think they don't want me to send one.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Dec 2013 21:44 #3 by otisptoadwater
Absolutely agree! A thank you card says yes I got your gift and thank you for giving me a gift, remembering me on the holiday, and thanks for you generosity (even if you have to bite your tongue because you don't really mean it)...

[youtube:11ngkfdm]
[/youtube:11ngkfdm]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds