2015 Children's Summer Writing Camps at CAE with Jo Ann Colton

31 May 2015 08:28 #1 by ScienceChic
Writing is my son's biggest struggle, aside from finding the motivation to do his homework in general. He was told if he didn't meet grade level standards by the end of the school year, he'd be signed up for summer writing camp. He met that criteria for half of his writing grades so he'll get a treat - a fun writing class with a local expert! I hope he comes out of it with an appreciation for the craft, rather than feeling it was punishment. I remember being a horrible writer until this incredible AP US History teacher I had in my senior year of high school. She taught us how to organize a paper: start with a strong introduction clearly outlining the issue and your stance, break down your points of argument into separate paragraphs, concisely state facts to back up your arguments, then tie it all together in the conclusion briefly reiterating the issue, your arguments, and why your points are valid to hammer it all home. Jo Ann is fantastic if you are considering signing your kids up for some extra help. They will be held for one week each month at Center for the Arts Evergreen.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds