What Families Gain from Time Spent Outdoors

31 Aug 2015 12:15 #1 by FriendsofStauntonStatePark
We agree wholeheartedly - spending time outdoors is the best thing you can do as a family.

"For the last few years I’ve read article after article on the benefits of getting our kids outdoors.

Studies are showing that time spent in nature has the power to improve a child’s body image, lessen the symptoms of attention deficit disorder, and offer significant therapeutic value for troubled youth.

Outdoor experiences help children develop skills in problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking.

In 2003 environmental psychologists reported that even a room with a view of nature helps protect the psychological wellbeing of a child.

But for our family, the value of time spent in nature boils down to one simple concept:

Helping my children build a connection with the world around them has strengthened our connections with each other."

Read more at this wonderful blog! simpleasthatblog.com/2015/08/what-famili...-spent-outdoors.html

Friends of Staunton State Park's New Website!
Our Facebook Page
CPW's Page for Staunton State Park
Active park hours 6:00am-10:00pm
Park Phone: 303-816-0912
Mission Statement:
Our mission is working in partnership with others to preserve, promote, and protect the wildlife, natural beauty and historic legacy of Staunton State Park for current and future generations.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds