Mask Rule: Message from Park County School District Re-2 - Fairplay

09 Nov 2020 10:06 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
From Park County School District Re-2 - Fairplay
1hr ago

Families of Park County RE2,

Thank you for working with us as we prepare for our remote learning day this week. I know this decision creates a hardship for several families so please know, we would not have made this decision if we didn’t feel it was necessary. Our goal is to support our families as much as we can to survive this pandemic emotionally and financially. Our priority is to be open and available for the students of our district.
I meet with my administrative team weekly and we all agonize over what to do. We have talked about various closure scenarios to be in front of increased exposure during the holiday season, but right now, we have decided to keep moving forward with our schedule. We will continue to follow the most recent guidance from CDPHE to make decisions regarding each case. We will go remote with cohort groups if possible or only close certain grade levels or schools as needed.

In order to keep the doors open it is critical to adhere to the mask rule! We made it clear before school started that masks would be required by every student upon entering the building. We have students that show up often with no mask. At the middle school and high school we have been providing disposable masks for two months now. That time is over. Masks are required everywhere and wearing masks at school is the best way for us to ensure we have a better chance of staying open. Students must come to school with a mask!

I felt you all needed to know what was going on and what to expect in the very near future. I’m sure you understand that this is the situation today and it could all change tomorrow. I wish I had the answers and could tell you all exactly what we needed to do, but I don’t. I’m doing the best I can with an ever changing situation. I appreciate all of you and the support you give to this district.

Cindy Bear, Superintendent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds