Jeffco Public Schools going fully remote starting next week

12 Nov 2020 18:19 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Jeffco Public Schools going fully remote starting next week
by: Eric Ruble, KDVR | Posted: Nov 12, 2020 / 05:42 PM MST

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Jeffco Public Schools, one of the largest school districts in Colorado, announced Thursday that all students will be learning online starting next week.

The decision comes amid a surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations in Colorado, especially along the Front Range.

Students in sixth through 12th grades will go remote starting Monday, Nov. 16.

Elementary students (kindergarten through fifth grade) will remain in-person until Thursday, Nov. 19. They will be fully remote after Thanksgiving break.

All students will remain remote through winter break.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Nov 2020 09:02 #2 by FredHayek
I feel really sorry for schoolkids and families right now. I fear this generation is going to lose two years of schooling. I know many children can learn by remote access but I wasn't one of them. I always did best when I went to class. Plus so many are missing out on the socialization so important right now.

And parents are having to readjust their jobs to stay home with their kids. My nephew and his wife are trading off on taking days off burning up their vacation time.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds