Support Park County Teachers August 9 - Donations Matched 50%!

08 Aug 2022 23:39 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
From Ms. Slifka:

Check this out! Tomorrow TUESDAY 8-9-22, #donorschoose is celebrating back to school season and everyone is invited!

Starting at 7am ET, every donation to every project on their site will be matched at least 50% thanks to the Gates Foundation!!!

Find your local teachers with your zip code, or support Park County Teachers HERE!
www.donorschoose.org/donors/search.html?...munity=1095:1&max=50

Project list
Picture Books to Promote Social/Emotional Awareness, and Literacy
Help me give my students the love of reading through updated and recommended picture books for our read-aloud time each day.
Mrs. Mattson
Deer Creek Elementary School•Bailey, CO

2 donors so far
$150 still needed

Ms. S's Quest for Art Supplies
Help me give my students access to a wider range of materials such as paper-making kits as well as moveable drawing mannequins to help them experience new and creative ways to make art.
Ms. Springer
South Park High School•Fairplay, CO

Be the first to support this project
$579 still needed

Flexible Seating for Scientists
Help me give my students the flexible seating they need to stay engaged!
Mrs. Farestad
South Park High School•Fairplay, CO

$456 still needed

Giving My Tables a Lift
Help me give my students flexible seating options while allowing them still maintaining focus and a solid writing surface.
Ms. Slifka
South Park Middle School•Fairplay, CO

$697 still needed

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2022 18:32 #2 by ScienceChic
The donation match day has passed, but you can still support the teacher's requests!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds