Wildlife cam night camera

10 Jan 2013 07:14 #1 by LOL
I got a Moultrie D-55IR trail cam for a Christmas gift, and getting ready to set it up. Anyone out there tried these or have any tips? I'm curious what critters roam around at night. LOL

Here is a link to the product and sample pics. Hope to get some pics of my own soon.

http://www.trailcampro.com/moultried55irreview.aspx

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 11:00 #2 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Wildlife cam night camera
I use several prior to hunting season. I've also used them outside the local fox dens when the kits are starting to explore.
Place the camera where you might expect wildlife traffic, game trails, choke points, bird feeders etc. Every year the cameras are better and quicker but I've found I get better results setting the cameras where wildlife is coming and going rather than crossing. If your camera has the option I like the 3 shot setting.

Kits

10 Jan 2013 14:27 #3 by Photo-fish
very cool.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Jan 2013 18:01 #4 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Wildlife cam night camera
Thanks for the tips Grady, your Elk pic is way cool! I gotta get some batteries and an SD memory card and I'm ready to shoot! LOL

I see lots of tracks in the snow, so I have a good idea where to set up.

I'll probably get 99% Mule deer pics though.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Jan 2013 09:51 #5 by Photo-fish
Possibly a Squatch too? Nope, that's just VL fetching the morning paper.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

11 Jan 2013 10:35 #6 by Grady

Photo-fish wrote: Possibly a Squatch too? Nope, that's just VL fetching the morning paper.

Speaking of Saquatch here is another game cam pic with a possible sighting. The came had been carried in a backpack for hours in contact with an open bag of Snickers. The pictures after this one showed the camera had been moved to a completely different angle.

11 Jan 2013 21:29 #7 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic Wildlife cam night camera
Interested in knowing what you think of camera LOL after using it awhile.

Great idea on using for fox kits Grady. When do you put it up? Do the adult foxes get a bit frazzled with your setting it up?

What kind of camera do you have Grady.

Thanks.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

12 Jan 2013 10:58 #8 by Grady

akilina wrote: Interested in knowing what you think of camera LOL after using it awhile.

Great idea on using for fox kits Grady. When do you put it up? Do the adult foxes get a bit frazzled with your setting it up?

What kind of camera do you have Grady.

Thanks.

No to the adults getting upset, as you can see this den is in a road culvert, people walk and drive by all the time.

it's an older Moultrie, My son also has a couple that we use.

12 Jan 2013 11:58 #9 by Photo-fish
Fox are pretty tolarant. They also may keep a few dens and can move around if they feel crowded or threatened.

12 Jan 2013 13:18 #10 by Blazer Bob

Photo-fish wrote: Fox are pretty tolarant. They also may keep a few dens and can move around if they feel crowded or threatened.

This one spent every day of one winter on our deck. The pic doesn't show it but it is a second story deck. Short of jumping there is only one way down.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds