wxgeeks weather-forecast for the week

25 Apr 2011 17:22 #1 by RenegadeCJ
A few isolated showers are possible through this evening, but mostly north of I-70 and east of I-25. Attention then turns to the next, and last system in a long series that have affected CO since last week. This system will move across CO on Tuesday, and will bring snow to the mountains west of the Divide beginning tonight and uinto Tuesday morning. Winter Weather Advisories and Winter Storm Warnings are in effect for 6-18 inches fo snow through Tuesday night. Models currently have this system creating a surface low over the TX panhandle Tuesday, but keep the flow aloft and at the surface from the northwest which will limit snowfall across the foothills. Cold front should pass through the foothills around noon on Tuesday, and may bring a brief period of snow and showers with the frontal passage, but most precip should end by Tuesday evening. A few isolated furrries could persist into Tuesday night. At this time, does not look like much more than a half inch to and inch or two for most foothill areas. Snow level will be 6000-7000 ft lowering to 5000 ft by evening. Bigger impact will be strong northwest winds in the 20-45 mph range Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning. Some showers could linger across the eastern Plains into Wednesday morning, but very little accumulation if any.

For the remainder of the week temps should rebound to seasonal norms with dry conditions. Next chance for precip will be late Friday into the weekend, with cooler temps.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds