wxgeek's weather-Indian Summer then snow next week

22 Oct 2011 18:42 #1 by RenegadeCJ
Our superb early Fall weather should continue through the weekend and into early next week, with mostly sunny skies and temps above seasonal norms.

Long range models are suggesting a change by the middle of next week. An upper trough and associated cold front will swoop down from the northwest and bring much cooler temps and possibly some snow. Current timing looks like from late Tuesday night into Wednesday night with heaviest snow confined to the central and northern mountains, but if current forecast is on track, then the foothills and even the Urban Corridor and northeast Plains will see some snow. Obviously this is still far out, so forecast could change either way between now and next week, but model output currently suggest a few to several inches of snow for the foothills next Wednesday. Timing of the system could also change.

I will likely not be able to provide updates on this system, as I will be soaking in the sun and sea air along the central CA coast next week. I'm sure SpazCat and RyFly will keep everyone updated.

"It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong".

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds