wxgeek's weather-Weather Outlook Oct 15-25

14 Oct 2012 18:27 #1 by RenegadeCJ
Beautiful day across the state as upper ridge builds back over the western U.S. Latest model guidance indicates the week should start out dry and mild with temps above seasonal norms. Upper level trough will move from the Pacific Northwest across the northern Rockies late on Tuesday into Wednesday. This will drag a cold front into northern CO Tuesday evening and bring a chance for showers across the northern mountains, with a slight chance for a brief shower across the foothills, although nearly all precip will stay north of I-70. Snow level looks to be around 6500-7500 ft as showers move through Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning. Clouds will clear out Wednesday morning but will remain breezy with west to northwest winds. Trend in models is to dig this system more, so I would not be surprised to see precip chances increase farther south, although precip amounts likely to remain on the light side. Probably 1-3 inches of snow for the northern mountains.

The remainder of the week should see mostly dry conditions across the state with warming temps, back to above seasonal averages later in the week. Dry amd mild conditions expected to continue into the coming weekend.

Long range models indicate the next chance for precip will be early in the following week. Will continue to monitor and see how this transpires.

"It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong".

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds