I-70 EB Open @ Eastern CO, WB remains closed

26 Oct 2012 09:22 #1 by ScienceChic
I-70 closed south of Agate after crash involving semi carrying explosives
Semi carrying hazardous materials catches fire
Posted: 10/26/2012

Both directions of I-70 are closed at Agate after a crash involving a semi truck carrying explosive materials, according to the Colorado State Patrol.

Trooper Josh Lewis tells 7NEWS the truck burst into flames. The crash happened just before 8:30 a.m. Friday. There is no estimate for when the interstate will reopen.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2012 11:12 #2 by ScienceChic
Westbound lanes remain closed

I-70 closed near Limon after 9 semis collide, explosives may be on board
October 26, 2012

LIMON, Colo. — Nine semis were involved in an accident on I-70 west of Limon Friday morning, resulting in several of those vehicles going off the road and catching fire. CDOT confirmed at 10:20 a.m. that there were multiple accidents in the in the near mile marker 340, approximately three miles east of Agate.

The Colorado State Patrol initially believed that at least one truck was carrying explosives, but CDOT confirmed that upon further examination it appears the truck was only carrying a glue-like substance.

I-70 was initially closed in both directions, but as of 10:30 a.m., eastbound lanes were open to through traffic. Westbound lanes remained closed, with Wilson indicating authorities expect it will be “several hours” before the closure is lifted.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds