Lime Gulch Fire-Evacs Lifted, Estimated Containment 6/23!

20 Jun 2013 09:20 #171 by CinnamonGirl
I am going to be off doing some Communities Bound work, CB was glad to help out during the fire yesterday.

Take care 285bound.com and members.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2013 09:29 #172 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Jun 2013 09:45 #173 by mountaindollar

CinnamonGirl wrote: I am going to be off doing some Communities Bound work, CB was glad to help out during the fire yesterday.

Take care 285bound.com and members.

Thanks CG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 Jun 2013 09:52 #174 by ScienceChic
No new evacuations ordered, but it's been a little while since this was posted so I wanted to put it up again. Road closures remain in effect, no one is allowed back in at this time.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&m ... dg=feature

File Attachment:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Jun 2013 10:08 #175 by ScienceChic
Time changed from 1200 hours to 2000 hours. No new updates from them on Twitter yet: https://twitter.com/RMIMT2_TeamB

File Attachment:

20 Jun 2013 10:22 #176 by Reverend Revelant

Science Chic wrote: No new evacuations ordered, but it's been a little while since this was posted so I wanted to put it up again. Road closures remain in effect, no one is allowed back in at this time.

Road closures remain in effect FOR THE MANDATORY EVACUATION AREA... you can pass those roadblocks if you live on/off Foxton... NORTH of Reynolds Park... I just wanted to make that clear... I did it at 7 this morning... you can come in and out.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

20 Jun 2013 10:24 #177 by Reverend Revelant
Someone at ***** Pine Country Lane, Conifer, CO is seeing smoke and flames NE of the original burn area... (that direction doesn't make sense)...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=13394+Pi ... 3&t=m&z=13

(Ok... that's too close to me)

20 Jun 2013 10:31 #178 by Reverend Revelant

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: Someone at ***** Pine Country Lane, Conifer, CO is seeing smoke and flames NE of the original burn area... (that direction doesn't make sense)...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=13394+Pi ... 3&t=m&z=13

(Ok... that's too close to me)

Ok... direction cited was NW from the above location (still doesn't make sense)... I'm going down the street to see myself... it's only a few minutes away.

20 Jun 2013 10:35 #179 by Reverend Revelant
Now the location... they are looking SE of the above location (this has changed 3 times) and they see smoke and flames SE of the original burn area (I guess "original burn area" is the Buffalo Creek area)... I'll go look.

20 Jun 2013 10:38 #180 by ZHawke
Now might also be a good time to remind people to have their "bug-out" bags ready just in case.

Thanks to everyone who's posted on this thread with information. Ya'll are doing a GREAT job. Stay aware! Stay safe!

Seems USFS is one of the hardest to get reliable info from even though they're "in charge" of the fire. Go figure.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds