Lime Gulch Fire-Evacs Lifted, Estimated Containment 6/23!

20 Jun 2013 10:42 #181 by ZHawke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jun 2013 11:07 #182 by Reverend Revelant
Went to 2618 meters on Red Cloud... had a good view of the meadow along South Foxton... could see up and down (N to S) and all across East... and I didn't see any plumes of smoke or flames... I don't know what the Reporting Person on this incident was seeing.

If they had actually seen something, then that would have meant that there was fire NORTH and EAST of the river... the 285 side of the river... I saw nothing.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

20 Jun 2013 11:08 #183 by Reverend Revelant
Incident Overview
The South Platte Ranger District of the Pike National Forest is managing the Lime Gulch wildfire along with the Jefferson County Sheriff Department and cooperators.
The Lime Gulch Fire is burning near Foxton, Co on the Pike National Forest. A Type 3 Management Team is managing this wildfire at this time with air support with of two heavy tankers and a Type 1 helicopter. More air support has been ordered . Type 2 IMT RMA Team B(Dallas) has been ordered and is scheduled to assume command at 1800 on Thursday June 20.
No cause is available at this time. The fire is burning in Douglas-fir and heavy ground cover.
LIME GULCH FIRE FACTS:
Pike National Forest – South Platte Ranger District jurisdiction
500 acres (estimated) and making short “crown” runs
2 – Type 2 Initial Attack (IA) crews
2 – Type 1 IHCs
Air Attack
Air Tankers
T3 Helicopter
Refer questions concerning evacuations to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

20 Jun 2013 11:26 #184 by CinnamonGirl
Some good news.

20 Jun 2013 11:29 #185 by ScienceChic
Picture posted on Twitter by Andrew Cassel a few minutes ago. View from Shiloh Dr at 10:30am

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Jun 2013 11:38 #186 by CinnamonGirl

20 Jun 2013 11:40 #187 by CinnamonGirl

20 Jun 2013 11:40 #188 by CinnamonGirl

20 Jun 2013 11:44 #189 by CinnamonGirl

20 Jun 2013 11:45 #190 by CinnamonGirl

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds