Strontia Springs Fire - 100% Contained

24 Jun 2013 14:29 #11 by Reverend Revelant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2013 14:32 #12 by ScienceChic

Walter L Newton wrote: Denver Water has been asked to assist Douglas Country. They are requesting Waterton Canyon Trailhead to be closed.

http://www.denverwater.org/AboutUs/Pres ... 9D17060B5/

Waterton Canyon closed: Fire officials working new fire near Strontia Springs Reservoir

June 24, 2013 - Waterton Canyon is closed to public access until further notice to allow fire officials to work a new fire near Strontia Springs Reservoir in Jefferson County.

Denver Water will continue to work with fire officials to evaluate the conditions and make a determination on when the canyon will reopen.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jun 2013 15:33 - 23 Jan 2017 10:48 #13 by Reverend Revelant
I'm going to concentrate on the Fire/Maxwell Area - Bear Gulch Fire thread - since Strontia Springs has been turned over to Douglas Country - see this 285 Bound thread mymountaintown.com/forum/46-scanner-emer...?limitstart=0#286098

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=28128&p=286098#p286098

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

24 Jun 2013 20:26 #14 by netdude
They have us surrounded!!! Really, Maxwell Hill is just SE of us andstrontiia is SE. The lookout off of Eagle vista is where we watched Lime Gulch too... Which was SW of us

24 Jun 2013 20:48 #15 by ScienceChic
They're coming for you netdude hide your "special magazines" LOL

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jun 2013 21:12 #16 by otisptoadwater
Fingers crossed for a fire that's out or at least beaten down to a point that the Fire Fighters hiking in tomorrow are able to mop up the hot spots! I want some more rain but not if it comes with lightening strikes... I'm gonna warsh the woof tomorrow, it almost always rains after I do. A muddy pup is better than more fires popping up every week!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

25 Jun 2013 09:01 - 23 Jan 2017 10:50 #17 by ScienceChic
From @jeffcosheriffco, this is the Twitter feed to follow for Strontia Springs Fire: twitter.com/RMACCNewsNotes
This was RMACC's last tweet 17 hours ago, so be aware they may not update frequently.

File Attachment:

I haven't found any other Twitter accounts doing Strontia Fire updates, but these may be worth keeping an eye on:

25 Jun 2013 16:41 - 23 Jan 2017 10:50 #18 by ScienceChic
Per www.wildcad.net/WCCOPBC.htm
Strontia fire 1 acre and 100% contained now

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds