Bear Gulch Fire - 100% Contained, Evacs Lifted!

24 Jun 2013 17:27 #21 by Reverend Revelant
Incident Command reports the helicopter has done an excellent job with nine bucket drops of water. No more smoke is visible at this time. The Level 1 evacuation notice remains in place.

http://www.intercanyonfirerescue.blogspot.com/

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2013 17:30 #22 by Reverend Revelant
Bear Gulch Fire Update 5:30 pm

Incident Command is now planning for tonight and Tuesday morning. Fighting fire at night poses a major risk for firefighters and must be weighed against the risk of the fire expanding. Currently the fire appears to be very quiet. Accessing the fire will be difficult.

http://jeffco.us/sheriff/code-red-emerg ... fications/

24 Jun 2013 17:36 #23 by LNFFInfo
From Kuehster Road ... At least 4 water drops + Slurry

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

24 Jun 2013 17:49 #24 by ScienceChic
Thanks for the photos LNFF - those are great!

I was chatting with one of the Elk Creek Fire Board members about flying planes and helicopters (in general, not dropping water or slurry), some of his stories were incredulous. Seeing that chopper really makes me wanna learn how! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jun 2013 18:14 #25 by LNFFInfo

Science Chic wrote: Thanks for the photos LNFF - those are great!

I was chatting with one of the Elk Creek Fire Board members about flying planes and helicopters (in general, not dropping water or slurry), some of his stories were incredulous. Seeing that chopper really makes me wanna learn how! :)

Those pics are off my deck.. a little too close. Probably just out of view to the left of your Kuehster Road Webcam...

http://icons.wunderground.com/webcamramdisk/s/i/sinboo50/4/current.jpg?1372119214

24 Jun 2013 20:28 #26 by netdude

Walter L Newton wrote: Jeffco has 5 spotters up in that area... they are trying to determine what steps to take next.

Yep, they were on my neighbors deck!!

24 Jun 2013 20:47 #27 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jun 2013 05:47 #28 by Reverend Revelant
Bear Gulch Fire Update 5:00 am

ICFPD firefighters plan to hike into the Bear Gulch Fire today to check on the status of the fire. The fire was monitored overnight and no growth was seen on the fire.

Posted by Inter-Canyon Fire Rescue at 3:57 AM No comments:

http://www.intercanyonfirerescue.blogspot.com/

25 Jun 2013 06:11 #29 by FredHayek
Looks like they are doing a good job of hitting it hard and fast. Awesome.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Jun 2013 06:51 #30 by Reverend Revelant
Hi,

I'll be out of pocket this morning until about noon time. If someone else is monitoring, or checking the InterCanyon blog or Twitter Feeds, perhaps they can post occasionally here.

On a side note... I'll be picking up a trunking scanner, the type that is compatible with most public service and safety agencies... and in this way I won't have to directly rely on the internet based feeds. This should happen in about 3 weeks.

But 285 Bound can always use all the help we can get. The only way to keep our eyes on community safety is to... well... keep our eyes (and ears) in tune to community safety. Everyone who can should help.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds