Bear Gulch Fire - 100% Contained, Evacs Lifted!

25 Jun 2013 07:18 #31 by LNFFInfo

Walter L Newton wrote: Hi,

I'll be out of pocket this morning until about noon time. If someone else is monitoring, or checking the InterCanyon blog or Twitter Feeds, perhaps they can post occasionally here.

On a side note... I'll be picking up a trunking scanner, the type that is compatible with most public service and safety agencies... and in this way I won't have to directly rely on the internet based feeds. This should happen in about 3 weeks.

But 285 Bound can always use all the help we can get. The only way to keep our eyes on community safety is to... well... keep our eyes (and ears) in tune to community safety. Everyone who can should help.

Thanks for your help Walter!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2013 08:20 #32 by ScienceChic

Walter L Newton wrote: Hi,

I'll be out of pocket this morning until about noon time. If someone else is monitoring, or checking the InterCanyon blog or Twitter Feeds, perhaps they can post occasionally here.

On a side note... I'll be picking up a trunking scanner, the type that is compatible with most public service and safety agencies... and in this way I won't have to directly rely on the internet based feeds. This should happen in about 3 weeks.

But 285 Bound can always use all the help we can get. The only way to keep our eyes on community safety is to... well... keep our eyes (and ears) in tune to community safety. Everyone who can should help.

:like: Thanks for all your help Walt! I'm also going to be out this am (pilates, kids swimming class, Conifer Chamber Board meeting) so y'all can jump on the scanner feed and post updates! :thumbsup:

Here's the Mountain Area Sheriff & Fire Dept feed again: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/4269
Jeffco Sheriff on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeffcosheriffco
And the Inter-Canyon Fire Rescue has been posting the most updates on Twitter about this fire, plus on their blog .

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jun 2013 08:35 #33 by ScienceChic
Bear Gulch Fire Update 8:30 AM
A squad of six Inter-Canyon firefighters are hiking into the Bear Gulch Fire at this time. No smoke visible. Air drops appear to have knocked down the fire but still requires firefighters to check on status. Research last night identified a potential shorter route - may require only a two hour hike.
http://intercanyonfirerescue.blogspot.com/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jun 2013 09:50 #34 by ScienceChic
Bear Gulch Fire Update 9:20 AM
The Inter-Canyon Crew Boss working with the hand crew says the fire is approximately 200 feet x 100 feet in size on the rock wall. Cause of the fire is lightning.
http://intercanyonfirerescue.blogspot.com/

25 Jun 2013 09:57 #35 by ScienceChic

25 Jun 2013 10:28 #36 by Reverend Revelant
(I'm back - emissions test downhill and registration at the Jeffcco courthouse)

Inter-Canyon Fire ‏@ICFRPIO 25m #icfpd crew boss says some smoke may be visible in area of #beargulchfire. Small fuels burning in center of fire. Not at risk for growth

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

25 Jun 2013 12:04 #37 by Reverend Revelant
Bear Creek Fire Update 11:45 AM

Crews remain working at the Bear Creek Gulch Fire. Working on perimeter fireline. Rocky and steep terrain. Six Inter-Canyon firefighters led by a Crew Boss are working the fire. These firefighters have completed the Federal National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) S130/190 course and many have advanced training.
Posted by Inter-Canyon Fire Rescue at 10:48 AM

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds