I70 and Youngfield - closed eastbound.

22 Aug 2013 14:48 - 22 Aug 2013 17:12 #1 by Reverend Revelant
18 wheeler came down from the mountains, brakes hot, now truck is fully involved in flame... they are shutting down the highway.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2013 14:49 #2 by FredHayek
I-70 & Youngfield were already a mess this week because of construction. Thanks for the post.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Aug 2013 14:51 #3 by ScienceChic
Thanks Walter! There's been a huge police activity going on near there at Denver West today as well. Sounds like a good area to avoid this afternoon.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Aug 2013 14:55 #4 by Reverend Revelant
Fire is out... they may open westbound (or keep it open... this has been quickly developing)...

22 Aug 2013 14:57 #5 by Reverend Revelant

Science Chic wrote: Thanks Walter! There's been a huge police activity going on near there at Denver West today as well. Sounds like a good area to avoid this afternoon.

They are shutting down entrance at Denver West (just heard that)... I don't know if both directions or not... from the Wheatridge side of 70 and Youngfield... they are opening westbound...

22 Aug 2013 15:01 #6 by ScienceChic
Here's the I-70 webcam at 32nd Ave looking east
File Attachment:

Here's the I-70 webcam at 38th Ave looking east
File Attachment:

Here's the I-70 webcam at 20th Ave looking east:
File Attachment:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Aug 2013 15:20 #7 by pacamom
Thanks for the info - I was gonna head home that way to avoid the parking lot thru Golden, but I guess I'd rather creep than not move at all.

22 Aug 2013 15:27 #8 by Reverend Revelant
1 lane open eastbound (the left lane)... opening eastbound entrance at Denver West... but with only one lane open... there's going to be a backup for a long while.

Once again... fluid situation... as I type, they are debating what, where, if... to open this and that.

22 Aug 2013 16:11 #9 by Reverend Revelant
Eastbound I70 at Youngfield is going to be closed another 2 hours... westbound is open... but I would stay away from that whole stretch from Denver West to 38th UNLESS you are already travelling westbound from some point above 38th or getting on around C470.

All the westbound entrances along that stretch is going to be very busy.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds