Three lightning strikes on Black Mountain Drive

22 Aug 2013 17:28 #1 by Reverend Revelant
Elk Creek will be checking out a report of 3 lightning strikes on Black Mountain Drive (Conifer - Shadow Mountain). No smoke or fire reported (yet). Two units responding.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2013 17:35 #2 by Reverend Revelant
This is also reported as near Maxwell Falls trailhead on South Brook Forest Drive... may be same set of strikes.

22 Aug 2013 17:46 #3 by Reverend Revelant
Two units on scene.

22 Aug 2013 18:34 #4 by archer
Please let me know what else you hear....that is right in my neighborhood.....we had a pretty wild ride there for a while, saw the lightning hitting on Black Mountain/Brook Forest

22 Aug 2013 18:44 #5 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Please let me know what else you hear....that is right in my neighborhood.....we had a pretty wild ride there for a while, saw the lightning hitting on Black Mountain/Brook Forest

You up there right now? I haven't heard anything for about an hour. I'm not saying there is no updated info... but I have two radios going and I'm still missing comms cause radios are so busy that the calls are stepping on each other.

I wish I was in Jeffco dispatch... but of course... I'm not.

And the Squaw Pass Communication Tower was hit... west side of country has no comms with mobiles right now. I don't know if that effects anything coming off Black Mountain.

22 Aug 2013 19:39 #6 by archer
Yeah, I'm at home now, and it is starting up all over again, some pretty close lightning and thunder... I'm glad everything is pretty wet, but fires can, and do, start in a rainstorm.

22 Aug 2013 19:54 #7 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Yeah, I'm at home now, and it is starting up all over again, some pretty close lightning and thunder... I'm glad everything is pretty wet, but fires can, and do, start in a rainstorm.

And/or smoulder until things dry out. I'm hearing more "smoke" investigation calls around the county (nothing near Conifer/Evergreen right now) then I heard during the storms.

I don't bother to list all "smoke" investigations unless they amount to an actual fire. No need to overly worry anyone until necessary.

26 Aug 2013 16:21 #8 by Venturer
New to this. What two radios are you listening to?

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds