wxgeek's weather-Snow chances this week-Update 3/7

07 Mar 2014 08:00 #1 by RenegadeCJ
Update fri mar 7

Currently getting ready to play golf in 80 degree wx in PHX today, but thought I would provide a brief update. Winter Storm Warning in effect through 5 am Sat for 6-12 inches of snow in the foothills. Snow will move from western CO into eastern CO this morning and become heavy at times this afternoon into tonight. Snow level initially 7000-8000 ft this morning, and will lower to 5000-6000 ft by this evening, plains level tonight. Areas above 7500 ft will get mostly snow with some initial melting, while lower foothills and plains to get rain followed by snow. Some convective elements to system which could cause 2-3 inch per hour snowfall rates at times. Commute up the hill this evening will get tough after 3 pm. Roads will be very slick with snow and ice pack into Sat morning. Snow diminishes after midnight and ends by sunrise. Some foothill areas could see 8-14 inches, with lower foothills and Urban Corridor seeing 4-8 inches.

I hate missing a nice storm, but golf in sunshine and 80 degrees will be ok as well today. Be safe and make sure to turn lights on while driving in snow, they are not for your benefit, but so other drivers can see you.

"It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong".

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds