IN COLORADO THIS WATCH INCLUDES 10 COUNTIES

IN CENTRAL COLORADO
CLEAR CREEK GILPIN PARK

IN EAST CENTRAL COLORADO
ELBERT

IN NORTHEAST COLORADO
ADAMS ARAPAHOE BROOMFIELD
DENVER DOUGLAS JEFFERSON

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...BENNETT...BROOMFIELD...BYERS...
CASTLE ROCK...CENTRAL CITY...DENVER...FAIRPLAY...GEORGETOWN...
GOLDEN AND KIOWA.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 420
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
100 PM MDT MON JUL 14 2014

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 420 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 700 PM MDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

COC001-005-009-011-014-019-025-027-031-035-039-041-043-047-055-
059-071-089-093-099-101-119-150100-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0420.140714T1900Z-140715T0100Z/

CO
. COLORADO COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ADAMS ARAPAHOE BACA
BENT BROOMFIELD CLEAR CREEK
CROWLEY CUSTER DENVER
DOUGLAS ELBERT EL PASO
FREMONT GILPIN HUERFANO
JEFFERSON LAS ANIMAS OTERO
PARK PROWERS PUEBLO
TELLER
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2014 14:49 #2 by FredHayek
This one must be bad, they are already closing a highway near Manitou Springs and setting up places for people to wait out the storm. Monsoon season.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jul 2014 19:48 - 14 Jul 2014 19:51 #3 by LOL
Ha silly weatherman, the sun is shining. NO RAIN IN SIGHT!

You heard it here second!

-1 KARMAS FOR U lol

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Jul 2014 19:59 #4 by otisptoadwater
I was waiting all day for some rain and a breeze to know down the heat. :angry: More proof that the weather along the front range of Colorado is easy to predict - as long as you don't want to know what it's gonna do more than five minutes ahead of time!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Jul 2014 19:59 #5 by HappyCamper
Our driveway was washed out when we got home so I know at some point today we got a lot of rain.

14 Jul 2014 20:06 #6 by otisptoadwater

HappyCamper wrote: Our driveway was washed out when we got home so I know at some point today we got a lot of rain.

[sarcasm]Oh sure, get on this thread and brag about having a nice clean driveway while the rest of us are melting from the heat!

Curious minds want to know, what brand of detergent do you use on your driveway and how do you know how much to use and when/where to apply it?[/sarcasm]

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Jul 2014 20:09 #7 by LOL
Oh really, I didn't check during the day, too busy. Hope the dirt roads are still holding up. Erosion is starting in my area, and I need to fix some cracks in my driveway soon. Nice to see the green everywhere though.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Jul 2014 20:38 #8 by HappyCamper

otisptoadwater wrote:

HappyCamper wrote: Our driveway was washed out when we got home so I know at some point today we got a lot of rain.

[sarcasm]Oh sure, get on this thread and brag about having a nice clean driveway while the rest of us are melting from the heat!

Curious minds want to know, what brand of detergent do you use on your driveway and how do you know how much to use and when/where to apply it?[/sarcasm]

Funny now I know what chore I will have this weekend...lucky me will get to bring all the road base back up to fill in the big ruts anyone want to help there is free beer in it for you.

14 Jul 2014 22:37 #9 by otisptoadwater

HappyCamper wrote: Funny now I know what chore I will have this weekend...lucky me will get to bring all the road base back up to fill in the big ruts anyone want to help there is free beer in it for you.

Free beer you say?! Sounds to me like you need a couple of rocky mountain redneck injunears to install you some sort of drainage/culvert system to keep the water from messing up your driveway in the future. If the water has a place to go most of the work is in trenching out the place in between the stuff you don't want washed away. Installing some schedule 40 PCV or ABS or even galvanized steel pipes to safely convey the water from where it comes near the driveway, under the driveway, and out to a place that you don't care so much about erosion or better still you want to irrigate or top off a small pond (it was there the whole time, honest...).

You'll need to understand some complex principals like the fact that water runs downhill and how to keep debris out of the intake of your drainage system. Grates work best but you have to clear them on a regular basis and don't forget that they will only keep out the stuff bigger than the openings in the grate. The pitch of the drain pipe needs to be fairly aggressive to avoid silt build up so your drain pipe will be fairly shallow at the high end of the drain system but you'll need to dig deeper and deeper the further the pipe goes to have a chance of keeping it clear of silt or at least not clogged (think in terms of an half inch per foot of 12 inch pipe for a run around 20 feet long; bigger pipe but same drop should work for slightly longer runs). Also know that the longer the run of continuous pipe the larger you'll want the pipes diameter to be. The scale of the job should help you decide if you want to DIY or hire up someone who has access to a backhoe. If it was me and I needed to install more than 20 feet of pipe in a straight run I'd hire someone to dig the trench with a backhoe and then drop in the pipe and back fill the trench myself by hand.

Or you could spend a couple of afternoons scooping stuff from the bottom of the driveway and returning it back to the top where it will eventually make its way back to the lowest part of your driveway...

15 Jul 2014 06:45 #10 by HappyCamper

otisptoadwater wrote:

HappyCamper wrote: Funny now I know what chore I will have this weekend...lucky me will get to bring all the road base back up to fill in the big ruts anyone want to help there is free beer in it for you.

Free beer you say?! Sounds to me like you need a couple of rocky mountain redneck injunears to install you some sort of drainage/culvert system to keep the water from messing up your driveway in the future. If the water has a place to go most of the work is in trenching out the place in between the stuff you don't want washed away. Installing some schedule 40 PCV or ABS or even galvanized steel pipes to safely convey the water from where it comes near the driveway, under the driveway, and out to a place that you don't care so much about erosion or better still you want to irrigate or top off a small pond (it was there the whole time, honest...).

You'll need to understand some complex principals like the fact that water runs downhill and how to keep debris out of the intake of your drainage system. Grates work best but you have to clear them on a regular basis and don't forget that they will only keep out the stuff bigger than the openings in the grate. The pitch of the drain pipe needs to be fairly aggressive to avoid silt build up so your drain pipe will be fairly shallow at the high end of the drain system but you'll need to dig deeper and deeper the further the pipe goes to have a chance of keeping it clear of silt or at least not clogged (think in terms of an half inch per foot of 12 inch pipe for a run around 20 feet long; bigger pipe but same drop should work for slightly longer runs). Also know that the longer the run of continuous pipe the larger you'll want the pipes diameter to be. The scale of the job should help you decide if you want to DIY or hire up someone who has access to a backhoe. If it was me and I needed to install more than 20 feet of pipe in a straight run I'd hire someone to dig the trench with a backhoe and then drop in the pipe and back fill the trench myself by hand.

Or you could spend a couple of afternoons scooping stuff from the bottom of the driveway and returning it back to the top where it will eventually make its way back to the lowest part of your driveway...

Fixing the driveway is on the list we want to pave it we have things with the house that are ahead of it on the list.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds