wxgeek's weather-Mostly Dry and Mild next 7-10 days

13 Oct 2014 12:28 #1 by RenegadeCJ
Quick update before I head overseas. Rather heavy "dusting" in some locations yesterday, with 4 inches measured on Conifer Mountain, but nice to see the layer this morning contrasting with the Aspens that still have color.

Mostly sunny today as clouds move east and temps warm back to near seasonal norms. Upper ridge will move over CO and raise temps above seasonal norms Tuesday and Wednesday. Upper ridge flattens some as a system moves to our north Thursday, then strengthens Friday before a weak upper level system moves from the southwest across CO this weekend. In general, temps will remain at or above seasonal norms through the middle of next week. Slight chance for some showers this weekend, mostly across the High Country and south of I-70, but foothills could see a stray shower or two. Snow level remains above 10,000 ft.

Early next week will continue the dry and mild pattern with temps above seasonal norms. By the middle to end of next week, models are suggesting a stronger upper level trough from the west coast will make it's way across CO. Precip could enter western CO next Wednesday, with precip across all of CO next Thursday. Snow level could lower to 8500-9000 ft, so higher foothills could see some snow if models have the situation correctly handled. Models then suggest dry and mild conditions for next weekend. Of course, any extended forecast is subject to change.

Impressive Fall severe weather outbreak currently in progress across the central U.S. Tornado watches extend from Illinois to Louisiana and severe weather will persist as this system moves slowly east. Could be travel impacts at major airports today, such as ORD, STL, MCI, LIT and MSY. Dangerous severe thunderstorms and tornadoes likely to cause significant damage in this region today, and will likely persist into the Southeast and Ohio Valley on Tuesday.

"It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong".

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds