MVA Hwy 285 mm 241

03 Jan 2015 18:04 #11 by CC
Replied by CC on topic MVA Hwy 285 mm 241
North bound Hwy 285 should be cleared and opened shortly. Southbound will remain closed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2015 19:00 #12 by MountainTownAlerts
Our deepest condolences to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office for their loss today.

@jeffcosheriffco: With great sadness, we announce the sudden death of a 15-year #JCSO veteran sergeant while off duty today #NeverForgotten #JeffCo

@jeffcosheriffco: The #JCSO Sgt. died today during a traffic crash on Hwy 285 while off duty. More info will be released soon #NeverForgotten #JeffCo

03 Jan 2015 19:09 #13 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic MVA Hwy 285 mm 241
TMI, IMO, considering:

Jeffco Sheriff ✔ @jeffcosheriffco
We are not yet naming the #JCSO sergeant so that family members can be notified #NeverForgotten #JeffCo

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

03 Jan 2015 19:22 #14 by MountainTownAlerts
All Tweets came from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office official Twitter account.

Per @ColoradoDOT: upd:One lane alternating traffic US 285 3 miles N of Conifer (mm 238.5) b/c accident cleanup operations;Expect delays in area

03 Jan 2015 20:05 #16 by MountainTownAlerts
Per @jeffcosheriffco: We mourn the loss of Sgt. Sean Renfro in an off duty crash today. Rest in Peace Sean #JCSO #JeffCo #NeverForgotten t.co/VY5Qh4L9A2

Attachments:

03 Jan 2015 20:28 #17 by BuyersAgent
Replied by BuyersAgent on topic MVA Hwy 285 mm 241
oh no, so sorry, I was not aware. :( what a day.

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

03 Jan 2015 20:29 - 03 Jan 2015 20:32 #18 by BuyersAgent
Replied by BuyersAgent on topic MVA Hwy 285 mm 241
Agreed, tmi, not here and now but there and then.

In any event, this is why I stayed at home with the lights off, I am so sorry!! for all the mayhem on today's roadways, what a terrible series of losses I have been reading about for the past few moments.
I was in such shock about Char Belfer's passing that I did not even notice any other news and maybe it doesn't matter anyway since this is just the sort of thing we can do absolutely nothing about except check out own tires. Again and again and again. Or just stay at home.

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

03 Jan 2015 22:37 #19 by MountainTownAlerts
From the Colorado State Patrol :
H285 Crash Takes Life of Off-Duty Jeffco Sheriff's Sergeant
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Date: 1/3/15 Time: 8:20 p.m.
Today, at approximately 2:40 p.m., troopers were investigating a crash at Colorado Highway 285 and Doubleheader Ranch Rd. when an off-duty Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Sergeant was hit and killed at the same location.

Initial Crash: An initial crash occurred southbound Highway 285 at Doubleheader Ranch Rd - approximately 8 miles west of C-470 on Highway 285. A Mitsubishi SUV had lost control and ran off the southbound side of the road striking the side of the mountain. No injuries were reported from this crash.

Off-Duty Jefferson County Sheriff's Sergeant Offers Aid: Subsequent to the initial crash two occupants in a truck stopped to offer aid to driver of the SUV.After stopping, a second crash occurred when the truck was rear-ended by a passenger sedan on the southbound shoulder, again no injuries were reported. Colorado State Patrol arrived on-scene to investigate the two crashes.

Final Crash: An SUV travelling northbound lost control and crossed the highway striking the off-duty deputy and other adult male who were standing in front of the truck. The SUV also struck the front of the truck while the occupants of the initial crash were inside, after being offered assistance. The off-duty Sheriff's Office Sergeant died on-scene. The adult male who was also struck by the SUV and the occupants from the initial crash who were inside the truck were transported to area hospitals with moderate to serious injuries.

Highway 285 was closed for on-scene investigation for approximately 5 hours. For inquiries relating to the Jefferson County Sergeant please contact the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Jackie Kelley at 303-435-1421 or Mark Techmeyer at 303-419-3392.

This crash is still under investigation by the Colorado State Patrol. At the time of the crash adverse weather was reported and snow covered and icy roads were present.

The Colorado State Patrol is aware of many people on social media who claim to have witnessed this crash. If you have information pertaining to this crash or witnessed the crash please contact Trooper Graham by calling our Denver Regional Communications Center at 303-239-4501.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds