Prescribed Burn USFS - Highway 67 and Rainbow Falls

13 Oct 2015 15:24 #1 by shortstop
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Oct 2015 16:27 #2 by HappyCamper
Considering the fire danger is high up here and the winds are blowing I have to wonder why they are burning right now.

13 Oct 2015 16:48 #3 by shortstop

HappyCamper wrote: Considering the fire danger is high up here and the winds are blowing I have to wonder why they are burning right now.

This ^^^

13 Oct 2015 16:54 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
According to USFS_Pike&San Isabel ‏@PSICC_NF 58 minutes ago
Final preparations being made. Tomorrow still a go for Wilson burn south of Lake George. Final go/no go made tomorrow. #LkGeoRx

They are planning on conducting the prescribed burns for the next 4 days. The USFS is pretty good about posting regular updates on their Twitter account, ‏ @PSICC_NF .

13 Oct 2015 17:34 #5 by HappyCamper
Thanks I don't Tweet but that is good to know.

I drive by the fire danger sign every day right now at least for Park County it says high.

14 Oct 2015 10:10 #6 by ScienceChic
USFS_Pike&San Isabel ‏@PSICC_NF 4 hours ago
Please help spread the word, 2 smoke columns might be visible today. Follow #TroutCreekRX, #LkGeoRx for current info on these planned burns

USFS_Pike&San Isabel ‏@PSICC_NF 2 hours ago
Morning briefing for #LkGeoRx follow throughout day for updates

USFS_Pike&San Isabel ‏@PSICC_NF 1 hour ago
Yesterdays #TroutCreekRX looking good this morning. Low intensity fire mimicking a natural forest ecosystem.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds