I-70 WB Shutting Down for Snow Plows, Jeffco on Accident Alert

23 Feb 2017 15:30 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
The roads are getting pretty bad on I-70 into the mountains, multiple slide-offs so LE has requested that I-70 WB be shut down to give CDOT the opportunity to plow and get more sand down.

Jefferson County has just gone on accident alert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2017 16:05 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Jeffco Sheriff's Office regarding Accident Alert Status:

This means that until further notice, CSP will respond only to accidents with injuries, accidents involving disabled vehicles due to damage, accidents with damage to public property, accidents involving DUIs and hit and run accidents.

For all other accidents, please report the incident at the nearest CSP office Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or online at www.colorado.gov/csp

23 Feb 2017 16:11 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT‏@ColoradoDOT 29 minutes ago
CLOSED EB I-70 Morrison MM 259 b/c several spun out vehicles & crashes;No est reopen time

CDOT‏@ColoradoDOT 50 minutes ago
WB C-470 ramp to 6 Ave closed b/c a crash;no est time of reopening

23 Feb 2017 17:26 #5 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT‏@ColoradoDOT 2 minutes ago
I-70 westbound and eastbound from Genesee Park to Morrison still closed. Please check back for updates.

CSP Golden‏@CSP_Golden 10 minutes ago
Two more vehicles to be pulled off I-70 west of Golden. Then the plows will come through and we can reopen. Best estimate 30-45 minutes. S2

23 Feb 2017 17:53 #6 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT‏@ColoradoDOT 2 minutes ago
OPEN - EB I-70 MM 254 @ GeneseePark after crash cleanup;Chain & Traction laws R in place to Morrison;Expect slower spds & delays

Lookout Mountain is still a mess with several cars unable to continue up the hill.

23 Feb 2017 18:09 #7 by MountainTownAlerts
CSP Golden‏@CSP_Golden 13 seconds ago
WB I70 open from Golden/Morrison. Traction laws for passenger vehs and Chain Law for commercial vehs remain in effect. S2

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds