Traction and Chain Laws in Effect 5.18.17

18 May 2017 06:29 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
TRACTION LAW- NB/SB US 285 between Pine Junction and Morrison. Passenger vehicles are required to have snow or mud/snow tires, use chains/alternative traction devices or be a 4WD/AWD vehicle.

CHAIN LAW- NB/SB US 285 between Pine Junction and Morrison, MM 229-250. Chains or alternative traction devices (ATDs) required for all CMV, including buses and vans of 16+ capacity.

TRACTION LAW- I-70 both directions between Silverthorne and Bakerville. Passenger vehicles are required to have snow or mud/snow tires, use chains/alternative traction devices or be a 4WD/AWD vehicle

CHAIN LAW- EB I-70 from Silverthorne to the Eisenhower Tunnel, MM 205-213. Chains or alternative traction devices (ATDs) required for all CMV, including buses and vans of 16+ capacity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2017 08:40 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
LIFTED- Chain Law NB/SB US 285 between Pine Junction and Morrison.

I-70 WB MM 228 Georgetown safety closure due to multiple spun out vehicles at 227 Georgetown Hill and MM 216 Loveland Bridge, no estimated time of reopening.
Safety Closure MM WB 213 Eisenhower Tunnel due to spun out vehicles MM 205 Silverthorne, no estimated time of reopening.
I-70 WB MM 232 Empire Jct safety closure due to multiple spun out vehicles at 227 Georgetown Hill and MM 216 Loveland Bridge, no estimated time of reopening.

18 May 2017 18:01 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
OPEN - WB I-70 MM 215 Eisenhower Tunnel following clean up of multi-spinouts on Silverthorne Hill.
All CMV must chain up CO-9 Hoosier Pass (mm 80-mm 73)
LIFTED-Traction Law I-70 EB/WB between Eisenhower Tunnel and Denver/C-470.

ADVISORY- The National Weather Service forecasts widespread snow to continue tonight and through the day Friday on the I-70 Mountain Corridor.

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: total storm snowfall of 18 to 36 inches. Additional snowfall of 2 to 8 inches with snowfall rates of 1 to 3 inches per hour are expected at times through the evening.

Expect mountain roads to become snow covered and slick with dropping temperatures. Traction and Chain Laws are expected again tonight with conditions lasting into Friday.

Expect travel delays with possible road closures. Please plan travel accordingly, vehicles without adequate snow tires or traction devices should limit travel.

Info: Dial 511, cotrip.org, or CDOT Mobile App

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds