HIGH WIND RESTRICTION- EB/WB I-70 Eisenhower Tunnel - Denver/C-470, MM 215-259

29 Dec 2017 06:43 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
HIGH WIND RESTRICTION- EB/WB I-70 Eisenhower Tunnel - Denver/C-470, MM 215-259. No travel allowed for light high-profile vehicles. EB high-profile vehicles may stage at Copper Mtn., Exit 195.

Strong and potentially damaging winds are expected to develop across portions of the Front Range Mountains and Foothills. Wind gusts in excess of 75 mph can be expected in wind prone areas. Some gusts near 90 mph over places such as Berthoud Pass, the I-70 corridor near Georgetown, and higher ridges in the foothills west of Boulder. Wind will also create hazardous and difficult driving conditions especially for drivers of high profile vehicles with the potential to blow them over or off the road. Strong winds will also cause areas of blowing snow and reduced visibilities in exposed areas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2017 17:07 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
High Wind Restriction lifted I-70 MM 259-215, Denver C-470 to Eisenhower Tunnel. A High Wind Advisory remains in effect for the area.

UPDATE HIGH WIND ADVISORY- I-70 between Silver Plume and Idaho Springs for all high-profile and empty-load vehicles. Gusts of up to 60 MPH are reported

29 Dec 2017 20:46 #3 by MountainTownAlerts

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds