I-70 WB Closed at Morrison Rd (MM259) due to Accident

22 Feb 2018 15:42 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT ‏Verified account @ColoradoDOT 3 minutes ago
TRAVEL ALERT: WB I-70 closed at MM 259 (Morrison Rd) due to multi vehicle crash. Weather has moved in quickly & is causing poor visibility out west towards Golden. Drive slow, have good wiper blades & tire tread, & keep plenty of space between you and the person in front of you.

No estimated time of reopening. Expect extensive delays and slower speeds. Please know updates may be slow coming from the field as they work to get the interstate open, but we will try to update as soon as we hear from our crews.

Jeffco Sheriff Verified account @jeffcosheriffco 2 minutes ago
TRAFFIC ALERT: Avoid the area of 6th and C470 interchange due to a multi-car accident due to snowy roads #JeffCo #golden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2018 16:35 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT TRAVEL ALERT: WB C-470 to 6th Avenue and the eastbound C-470 ramp from 6th Avenue CLOSED due to multiple crashes. Snow came in fast out west towards Golden and is causing poor visibility. Take it slow and make sure you leave plenty of space between you & the person ahead of you

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration
Attachments:

22 Feb 2018 17:32 - 22 Feb 2018 17:34 #5 by MountainTownAlerts
Edit to Update: 20+ cars slid off the road, no injuries to report. Crews are working on clearing everything out so they can get the road plowed/sanded.

Lakewood Police Verified account @LakewoodPDCO 39 minutes ago
Westbound W 6th Ave is very hazardous. Please drive slowly and watch for police and other first responders

Golden Fire @GoldenCOFire 49 minutes ago
All news agencies: The school bus was not involved in the accident it was commandeered to help the injured out of the weather.

CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 49 minutes ago
UPDATE - C-470 EB from US 6 one lane now open, WB C-470 ramp to US 6 remains closed, no estimated time of opening. Clean up has begun.

22 Feb 2018 19:02 #6 by MountainTownAlerts
They are hoping to do a slow, rolling opening of WB C-470 at Alameda here in a bit. Keeping the on-ramp closed, but will start letting traffic on the highway go so the plows can move through with the traffic.

22 Feb 2018 19:16 #7 by MountainTownAlerts

22 Feb 2018 19:22 #8 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 5 minutes ago
UPDATE: WB C-470 now opening I-70 from Alameda. WB ramp to US 6 remains closed.

22 Feb 2018 20:30 #9 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 1 minute ago
OPEN - C-470 to US 6 now open, all ramps following crash cleanup.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds