Hwy 285 Closed at Red Hill Pass (MM 186) due to fatal motorcycle accident

18 Aug 2018 12:06 - 18 Aug 2018 14:00 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
CSP Canon City @CSP_CanonCity 18 seconds ago
H285 closed at MP 186 (Red Hill Pass) for Fatality Motorcycle Crash Investigation. Detour from Fairplay to H9 to I70 or H24 to Colorado Springs

If you are caught in the Traffic Jam on H285 Red Hill Pass in Park County you will need to do a u turn to proceed back away from the crime scene.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2018 14:46 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
CSP Canon City @CSP_CanonCity 20 seconds ago
CSP Sgt estimates H285 Red Hill Pass opening around 3:15PM. Tow trucks onscene and working to remove vehicles and debris.

18 Aug 2018 15:40 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
All North-West fire personnel cleared from scene. Command terminated. The highway is still closed while they wait for the semi to be removed which shouldn't be too much longer.

18 Aug 2018 16:54 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
Per CDOT
US 285: Road open between MM 183 and MM 190 (4m N of Fairplay). All lanes open MM186 (north of Fairplay)
3:53 PM - 18 Aug 2018

18 Aug 2018 20:01 #5 by Mountain-News-Events
Fatal motorcycle crash closes Highway 285 east of Fairplay
Posted 1:07 pm, August 18, 2018, by David Mitchell

PARK COUNTY, Colo. — A motorcyclist died in a crash with a semi on U.S. Highway 285 east of Fairplay Saturday morning.

A spokesperson said it appeared the motorcyclist caused the crash, but no details about the circumstances were released.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds