Passenger vehicle traction law & Commercial vehicle chain law October 14th

14 Oct 2018 03:19 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT Weather Alert
Today the first winter storm will impact much of the state of Colorado. With the forecast we could see closures along I-25 over Monument Hill, I-70 east of the Denver area and potentially other eastern highways, with the strong likelihood of closures, chains and traction laws along the I-70 mountain corridor and elsewhere throughout the high country. As a reminder, motorists should keep simple necessities, such as jumper cables, ice scrapers, tire chains/traction devices, washer fluid, and/or a winter jacket with or in your vehicle, when commuting through these types of storm conditions.

CDOT crews have been pre-treating roads around the state in preparation for the upcoming storm and will be using de-icing products and plow blades to remove ice and snow from the road. Looking for additional winter info/resources? Check out this infographic! #WinterWise

In effect now:
Passenger Vehicle Traction Law
I-70 Westbound / Eastbound between Silverthorne and Georgetown (Milemarker 205-228) and between Idaho Springs and Denver/C-470 (Milemarker 241-259).
Passenger vehicles are required to have snow or mud/snow tires, use chains/alternative traction devices, or be a 4WD/AWD vehicle.

I-70 WB: Commercial vehicle chain law between MM 215 (Eisenhower Tunnel) and MM 228 (Georgetown) and between MM 241 (Idaho Springs) and MM 259 (Mount Vernon Canyon). Eastbound chain law has been lifted.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2018 09:08 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
US 285: Commercial vehicle chain law and Passenger vehicle traction law between MM 229 (Pine Junction) and MM 250 (near Lakewood).

14 Oct 2018 11:23 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 7 minutes ago
US 285: Commercial vehicle chain law between FS Rd 56 (Kenosha Pass) and Frontage Rd (5m S of Bailey).

CO 9: Commercial vehicle chain law between County Road 4 (near Hoosier Pass) and Riverpark Dr (Breckenridge). Passenger vehicle chain law.

I-70: Commercial vehicle chain law both directions between MM 241 (Idaho Springs) and MM 259 (Mount Vernon Canyon).

14 Oct 2018 13:37 #5 by MountainTownAlerts
Chain Law Lifted
US 285 in both directions: Commercial vehicle chain law lifted between FS Rd 56 (Kenosha Pass) and Frontage Rd (5 miles south of Bailey).

Road Closed
US 24 Westbound / Eastbound Park County (Milemarker 225-225)
Road Closed in both directions for a multiple vehicle crash.

14 Oct 2018 13:49 #6 by MountainTownAlerts
CSP Canon City (@CSP_CanonCity)
10/14/18, 1:42 PM
Park County is under accident alert due to high number of crashes. Non-injury crashes should be reported online.

14 Oct 2018 18:29 #7 by MountainTownAlerts
Per CSP: Park County is no longer on accident alert. Please drive safely.

Traction law and Chain law lifted for Hwy 285 and I-70 that were previously in place.

Passenger traction law remains in effect for Hoosier Pass on CO 9 and Loveland Pass on US 6.

Hwy 24 re-opened.

15 Oct 2018 10:58 #8 by MountainTownAlerts
US 6 in both directions: Commercial vehicle chain law lifted between MM 220 and MM 229 (Loveland Pass).

CO 9 in both directions: Commercial vehicle chain law and chain law lifted for all passenger vehicles lifted between MM 73 (Hoosier Pass) and Riverpark Dr (Breckenridge).

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds