Serious Accident I-70 at Genesee (MM254)-Hwy Re-Opened

24 Dec 2018 20:43 - 25 Dec 2018 03:11 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Serious accident, Flight For Life en route on I-70 at MM 254 (Genesee). Hwy is closed both directions, westbound at MM 256 Lookout Mountain.

CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 6 minutes ago
I-70 EB/WB: Road closed at Exit 254 - US 40; Genesee. Major crash. Expect delays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Dec 2018 21:00 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
CSP Public Affairs Verified account @CSP_News 3 min ago
I-70 Genesee Crash: mile marker 254, WB lanes, full closure both directions. Multi vehicle crash, two confirmed fatalities, at least one serious injury being transported. Avoid the area. Call came in 8:24PM.

CSP Golden @CSP_Golden 1 minute ago
Both Directions - I 70 Closed
Genesee to Lookout MP 254 - 256
Due to Double-Fatal Crash

Only Detour is US 40, the north frontage road. CMV's may use Clear Creek Canyon to avoid the area.

S1

24 Dec 2018 21:11 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT Verified account @ColoradoDOT 8 minutes ago
I-70 closed in both directions at Genesee due to crash. Alternate route: US 6 Clear Creek Canyon. Cotrip.org has the latest alerts.

24 Dec 2018 21:43 #5 by MountainTownAlerts
Mark Neitro Verified account @CBS4Mark 11 minutes ago
Double fatal accident closes #I70 near Genesee. Just saw helicopter airlift a patient & another stretcher loaded into an ambulance.
Attachments:

24 Dec 2018 22:39 #6 by MountainTownAlerts
CSP Golden @CSP_Golden 14 seconds ago
Tragedy at Genesee
An eastbound vehicle lost control and crashed with a westbound vehicle. Two lives lost, and another is badly injured. Hoping to open I-70 through My Vernon Canyon in 4 - 6 hours.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellsbells

25 Dec 2018 03:17 #7 by MyMountainTown
CSP_Golden 2 hours ago
Eastbound I-70 is OPEN from Genesee. Westbound is still closed. Detour to US 4O at Lookout Mtn Exit 256. Victims have been removed. Scene being mapped and cleaned. Couple hours of work to go here. Many hours of work for our Victim Advocate.

CSP_Golden 1 hour ago
Westbound I-70 has reopened at Lookout Mountain following a horrific crash.

Please everyone, buckle down, slow down and stay around.

S1

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

26 Dec 2018 10:52 #8 by Mountain-News-Events
Teacher Killed In Christmas Eve Crash Leaves Behind 4 Children
December 26, 2018

GENESEE, Colo. (CBS4) — We’re learning more about two women who were killed and a young girl who was hurt in a crash on Interstate 70 on Christmas Eve. The crash that killed Cheri Goodard and Sancy Shaw closed I-70 in both directions between Genesee and Lookout Mountain from about 9 p.m. Monday until around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

Investigators say 62-year-old Cheri Goodard, from Frederick, was heading eastbound on I-70 when her car drifted to the side and she overcorrected. Her vehicle went through the median, spun out and hit another vehicle. Investigators believe alcohol and marijuana use were contributing factors in the cause of the crash.

Sancy Shaw, 38, from Clark, was in the other vehicle with her 6-year-old daughter. Shaw was killed and her daughter was airlifted to Children’s Hospital with serious injuries.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds