Travel Alerts February 5, 2019

05 Feb 2019 05:23 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
I-70 Closed in both directions in Glenwood Canyon between MM 116 and MM 133 due to rock slide. Extended closure expected. Alternate route advised.

Passenger vehicle traction law
US 285 NB/SB between FS Rd 56 (MM 203) and Kenosha Pass (MM 208).

I-70 Westbound / Eastbound between Silverthorne and Bakerville (Milemarker 205-221)

US 6 Westbound / Eastbound Loveland Pass (Milemarker 220-229)

CO 9 Southbound / Northbound Hoosier Pass (Milemarker 73-80)

Passenger vehicles are required to have snow or mud/snow tires, use chains/alternative traction devices or be a 4WD/AWD vehicle.

Commercial vehicle chain law
US 285 in both directions between MM 203 (FS Rd 56) and MM 208 (Kenosha Pass).

I-70 Eastbound Vail to Vail Pass Summit (Milemarker 178-190)

CO 9 Southbound / Northbound Hoosier Pass (Milemarker 73-80)

Chains or alternative traction devices required for all commercial motor vehicles including buses and vans of 16 or more passenger capacity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2019 08:19 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
Traction & chain laws lifted for Hwy 285

ROAD CLOSED
I-70 Westbound Denver/ West Blvd./Colorado Mills Pkwy. (Milemarker 263)
All lanes are currently blocked, with traffic getting through by way of the right shoulder. The left eastbound lane is blocked, due to emergency responders. Expect delays and plan on using alternate route.

Alternate Route Information:
Motorists are using the Denver West Exit 263, and using the on-ramp from Denver West to westbound I-70, to re-enter the interstate.
- - - - - - - - -
ALTERNATE ROUTES for the I-70 Glenwood Springs Closure:
Front Range motorists heading westbound:US 40 north (Steamboat Springs) west on US 40 (Craig) south to CO 13 (Rifle)Summit County/westbound motorists:CO 9 (Silverthorne) to US 40 (Steamboat Springs) west on US 40 (Craig) south to CO 13 (Rifle)Eagle County/westbound motorists:The north alternate route for westbound motorists is north on CO 131 at Wolcott to Steamboat Springs, west on US 40 to Craig, then south on CO 13 to Rifle and back to I-70. This is a 203-mile alternate route that will take about three hours and 50 minutes to travel. This detour adds 146 miles and about three hours to a regular trip from Wolcott to Rifle on I-70, which is 67 miles or about 45 minutes.

05 Feb 2019 09:27 #3 by MountainTownAlerts

05 Feb 2019 12:30 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
I-70 Eastbound is currently open in Glenwood Canyon, but additional closures are likely during rock scaling operations. Westbound remains closed.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds