Travel Alerts March 9, 2019 was created by MountainTownAlerts
HIGH WIND ADVISORY
US 285 Southbound Schaffer's Crossing to CO 8 (Milemarker 229-250)
A High Wind Advisory is in effect. High profile vehicles are encouraged to use slower speeds in this area. Wind gusts of up to 50 mph are being reported.
PASSENGER VEHICLE TRACTION LAW
- US 285 Southbound / Northbound Kenosha (Milemarker 162-208)
- I-70 Westbound / Eastbound between Vail and Copper Mountain (Milemarker 178-195
- CO 9 Southbound / Northbound HOOSIER PASS (Milemarker 73-80)
Passenger Vehicle Traction Law in effect
COMMERCIAL VEHICLE CHAIN LAW
- US 285 Northbound / Southbound Kenosha (Milemarker 162-208)
- I-70 Eastbound Vail to Vail Pass Summit (Milemarker 178-190)
- CO 9 Westbound / Eastbound Hoosier Pass (Milemarker 73-80)
Chains or alternative traction devices (ATDs) required for all CMV, including buses and vans of 16+ capacity. EB CMVs – There is no truck parking east of Milepost 133 or in Vail Valley. Trucks waiting out the chain law should not proceed past Dotsero – exit 133.
- I-70 Westbound / Eastbound between Vail and Georgetown (Milemarker 180-228)
Risk of snow slides in areas. Powder clouds possible. If seen, stay in vehicle. Use slower speeds to avoid other vehicles.
- US 6 Westbound / Eastbound Loveland Pass (Milemarker 216-229)
Adverse conditions. Hazmat vehicles use Eisenhower Tunnel at top of hour, other traffic held. Delays.
- I-70 Westbound Morrison to Eisenhower Tunnel (Milemarker 259-215)
Up to 2 hours travel time.