Travel Alerts December 13

12 Dec 2019 13:35 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
PASSENGER VEHICLE TRACTION
- I-70 Westbound / Eastbound between Vail and Copper Mountain (Milemarker 178-195)

- I-70 Westbound / Eastbound between Silverthorne and Bakerville (Milemarker 205-221)

- US 6 Westbound / Eastbound Loveland Pass (Milemarker 220-229)

Passenger vehicles are required to have snow or mud/snow tires, use chains/alternative traction devices, or be a 4WD/AWD vehicle.

COMMERCIAL VEHICLE CHAIN LAW
US 6 Westbound / Eastbound Loveland Pass (Milemarker 220-229)

Chains or alternative traction devices (ATDs) required for all CMV, including buses and vans of 16+ capacity.

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
I-70 Westbound / Eastbound Dotsero to Golden (Milemarker 133-259)
The National Weather Service has a Winter Storm Warning in effect until 5 PM Friday. Heavy snow with accumulations of up to 18 inches are expected along with 60 mph wind gusts. A Winter Storm Watch will continue to 5 AM Sunday with additional accumulations of up to 12 inches. Prepare for chain and traction laws in the mountains, along with possible safety closures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2019 18:01 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
Passenger vehicle chain law
CO 9 SB between MM 80 and MM 73. Chains or alternative traction devices (ATDs) required for all CMV, including buses and vans of 16+ capacity. co.c-tr.us/?type=event&id…

13 Dec 2019 01:02 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
Planned Closure
There is planned temporary closure of C-470 eastbound between Alameda Pkwy and Bowles Ave for a funeral procession on Friday, December 13th from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM.

CO-8/Morrison Road west of C-470 will also be affected during this time period. Expect heavy traffic and long delays. Use alternate route if possible.

Passenger Vehicle Traction Law
CDOT @ColoradoDOT 28m
US 285 NB/SB: Passenger vehicle traction law between Ridge Ln (near Red Hill Pass) and FS Rd 810 (near Kenosha Pass).

511.cotrip.org/LB/viewevent.jsf?sitKey=CARS5-18129

Commercial Vehicle Chain Law
  • I-70 Eastbound Vail to Vail Pass Summit (Milemarker 178-190)
  • I-70 Eastbound Silverthorne to Eisenhower Tunnel (Milemarker 205-213)
  • I-70 Westbound Bakerville to Eisenhower Tunnel (Milemarker 221-215)
  • CO 9 Southbound / Northbound Hoosier Pass (Milemarker 73-80)
Chains or alternative traction devices (ATDs) required for all CMV, including buses and vans of 16+ capacity. EB CMVs – There is no truck parking east of Milepost 133 or in Vail Valley. Trucks waiting out the chain law should not proceed past Dotsero – exit 133.

Avalanche Control
US 6 Westbound / Eastbound Loveland Pass (Milemarker 220-229)
Avalanche mitigation work. No estimated time to open. Hazmat vehicles use Eisenhower Tunnel at top of hour, other traffic held.

Road Conditions
US 285 Southbound / Northbound (Milemarker 183)
Icy roads. Use caution and slower speeds.
Attachments:

13 Dec 2019 06:33 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
CHAIN & TRACTION LAW
US 285 Southbound / Northbound Fairplay (Milemarker 183-210)

Chains or alternative traction devices (ATDs) required for all CMV, including busses and vans of 16+ capacity. Passenger vehicles are required to have snow or mud/snow tires, use chains/alternative traction devices, or a 4WD/AWD vehicle

PASSENGER VEHICLE TRACTION LAW
I-70 Westbound / Eastbound between Silverthorne and Georgetown (Milemarker 205-228)

COMMERCIAL VEHICLE CHAIN LAW
I-70 Westbound Georgetown to Eisenhower Tunnel (Milemarker 228-215)

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
I-70 Westbound / Eastbound Dotsero to Golden (Milemarker 133-259)
The National Weather Service has a Winter Storm Warning in effect until 5 PM today. Heavy snow with accumulations of up to 18 inches are expected along with 60 mph wind gusts. A Winter Storm Watch will continue to 5 AM Sunday with additional accumulations of up to 12 inches. Prepare for chain and traction laws in the mountains, along with possible safety closures.

13 Dec 2019 08:49 #5 by MountainTownAlerts
CO 8 (Morrison Rd) EB/WB: Road closed between C-470 and Bear Creek Rd. Closed during fallen firefighter procession. Expected to reopen by 10A. co.c-tr.us/?type=event&id…
Attachments:

13 Dec 2019 10:59 #6 by MountainTownAlerts
CDOT @ColoradoDOT 51m
C-470 EB: Road open between West Alameda Parkway and West Bowles Av. All lanes are now open after completion of fallen firefighter procession.

CO 8 (Morrison Rd) EB/WB: Road open between C-470 and Bear Creek Rd. Following fallen firefighter procession.

CDOT @ColoradoDOT 1h
Motorists heading up into the high country today will be faced with difficult travel conditions. Strong winds and blowing snow will persist through Saturday with heavy snow at times. Roads are expected to be snow-packed and icy.

CDOT plows are out in full force & will be until the snow is off the roadway. Loveland Pass is closed due to adverse weather conditions. It's encouraged to plan for harsh conditions (emergency kit in vehicle, snacks, food, etc.) as road closures are likely this weekend.

Read up on the Chain and Traction Laws if you absolutely have to drive in the mountains by visiting codot.gov/travel/winter-driving/tractionlaw . And don't forget to check cotrip.org for the latest road conditions and closure updates...you can also check out where our plows are!

13 Dec 2019 13:36 - 13 Dec 2019 13:37 #7 by MountainTownAlerts
US 285 NB/SB: Passenger vehicle traction and CMV chain law lifted between County Road 3 and Geneva Creek. From milepost 183-210. All cmv chain and passenger traction laws have been lifted. co.c-tr.us/?type=event&id…

PASSENGER VEHICLE CHAIN LAW in effect:
CO 9 NB/SB between County Road 4 and Riverpark Dr. All vehicles must chain up. Icy, snow packed roads, use caution, and slower speeds advised. co.c-tr.us/?type=event&id…

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds