Hartsel Fire Rescue Burn Ban in Effect June 22, 2021

22 Jun 2021 21:02 - 22 Jun 2021 21:03 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Hartsel Fire Protection District Burn Ban Status:
There is currently a Burn Ban in effect at this time.

Open Air Burning is not allowed in the Hartsel Fire District.

The following acts are PROHIBITED on ALL PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PROPERTY
until further notice:

1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire, including charcoal.
2. Smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
3. Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads or trails.
4. Blasting, welding or other activities, which generate flame or flammable material.
5. Fireworks and model rocketry.
6. Target shooting and recreational shooting is prohibited.
7. Operating a chain saw without a 10lb ABC or 2 ½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shovel readily available for quick use.

Exceptions:

1. Persons with a written exemption from the Sheriff that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
2. Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
3. Any Federal, State or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the
performance of an official duty.
4. Approved fully contained outdoor wood burning furnace/boiler.
5. For commercial operations authorized under contract or permit, internal and external combustion engines may be operated as approved by the Forest Service within designated areas.
6. Licensed hunters that are actively pursuing game.

This decision was not made easily, but only after discussion with the local Fire Chiefs was it determined that this is the best course of action. Please be patient with this decision as there are other factors involved.

Please abide by the County Ordinance 19-01. Citations for violations will start at $500 and increase to $1000.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Hartsel Fire Protection District.

Burn Ban F.A.Q.'s

Can I use my charcoal grill? (A Charcoal grill uses either charcoal briquettes or natural lump charcoal as their fuel source. )
While you do not need a burn permit to operate your charcoal grill they are PROHIBITED during a Burn Ban.

Can I use my propane fire pit? (A propane fire fit has a propane tank that is connected via a gas line to a burner, which is a metal tube with holes that release propane gas)
You do not need a burn permit to operate your propane fire pit and they ARE ALLOWED during a Burn Ban.

Can I operate my chainsaw to clear for a building or fire mitigation?
​Yes, as long as you have a 10lb ABC or 2 ½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shovel readily available for quick use.

Can I use my Gas (propane) Grill?
You do not need a burn permit to operate your Gas Grill and they ARE ALLOWED during a Burn Ban.

Can I operate my outdoor smoker?
You may operate your outdoor smoker only if you are using propane as your heat source. Wood fuel sourced smokers are PROHIBITED during a Burn Ban.

May I have a fire in my indoor fireplace for heat?
Yes, indoor fireplaces ARE ALLOWED as a way to heat your home during a Burn Ban.

Can I operate my outdoor fully contained wood burning furnace / broiler used to heat my home and water?
Yes, your fully contained wood burning furnace / broiler used to heat as a way to heat your home and provide hot water IS ALLOWED during a Burn Ban.

Can I burn Tiki Torches?
While you do not need a burn permit to burn Tiki Torches they're PROHIBITED during a Burn Ban.

Can I operator a wood chipper?
Yes, as long as you have a 10lb ABC or 2 ½ gallon pressurized or equivalent fire extinguisher, and large size pointed shovel readily available for quick use. ​

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds