CR 72 Closed due to gas leak

21 Sep 2021 11:25 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Per cosmiccowboy55: there's a natural gas leak, possibly due to a cut main line, on CR 72 near Roland Dr. Some homes are being evacuated, responders are going door to door to inform residents of evacuations. Colorado Natural Gas is on scene, Platte Canyon Fire is responding as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Sep 2021 11:37 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
Per cosmiccowboy55: heavy equipment will be needed to complete repairs, evacuated residents are advised it will be 4-6 hours before they can return.

21 Sep 2021 13:02 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Destiny Z in the Burland Ranchettes Subdivision FB Group:

I called Colorado Natural Gas and was told the leak is at 4851 CR 72 (near Long Ridge Drive and Kit Lane). The guy wasn't aware of the evacuation area or how far on 72 the road is closed. I called Park County non-emergency dispatch, and they don't know the exact range of evacuations but they did tell me 72 is closed at Hi Meadow. (not sure if both directions, or towards Roland Valley only). The lady at the sheriff's office said if I decide to try to head out for an appointment I should take my dogs with me in case I'm not allowed back in.

21 Sep 2021 13:27 #4 by MountainTownAlerts

21 Sep 2021 13:32 #5 by MountainTownAlerts
Shared by Julie S. in Burland Ranchettes Subdivision FB Group:

FRM:.
SUBJ:Message from Park County, CO
MSG:Today is September 21st, 2021 at 11:44 a.m. This is an emergency notification from Park County Communications that Platte Canyon Fire is advising residents in the area of 4851 County Road 72 that there is a natural gas leak and this is a request for evacuation route to be taken will be north on Long Drive off of Roland Valley Drive. All others south of 4851 will be taking County Road 71 through Burland. This request is for the next 4 to 6 hours to get the line repaired.

21 Sep 2021 18:19 #6 by MountainTownAlerts
Platte Canyon Fire Protection District
53min ago
Gas Leak update: Evacuations have been lifted and people may return home as of 15:30. Thank you everyone for their patience.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds