#WesternInnFire on I-70 between Lawson and Empire

19 Jul 2024 17:02 - 19 Jul 2024 19:05 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Update 4:15: Correction: Hwy 40 is closed at I-70 MM 232 so helicopter can get water from creek. Alternate route for Empire/Winter Park/Hwy 40 W traffic is to take I-70 W, turn around at Georgetown, and come back to the Hwy 40 exit from the East.

Plane also dropping retardant. Central City Fire assisting also. 20 fire fighters working 2 fires in that area. Aerial photos added, courtesy of USFS.

Clear Creek County 1 hr ago
Clear Creek Fire is on scene of a grassland fire in the 2600 block of CR-308. This is between Lawson and Empire on the frontage road north of I-70. A Lookout Alert notification to evacuate was sent to those who need to evacuate.

#WesternInnFire

Follow @jeffcom911co for updates

Update 3:50 pm: Helicopter conducting water dumps. Fire now on ridge. Evergreen Fire, US Forest Service, Georgetown PD on scene. CDOT and CPW are assisting with traffic control. CR-308 is closed in the area; Stanley Rd (south of I-70 is open). New video posted here.

Update 4:15: I-70 West closed at MM 232 (Hwy 40 exit) so helicopter can get water from creek. Plane also dropping retardant. Central City Fire assisting also. 20 fire fighters working 2 fires in that area. Aerial photos added, courtesy of @usfsarp.

#WesternInnFire.

Correction: Hwy 40 is closed at I-70 MM 232 so helicopter can get water from creek. Alternate route for Empire/Winter Park/Hwy 40 W traffic is to take I-70 W, turn around at Georgetown, and come back to the Hwy 40 exit from the East.

@Jeffcom 2:54pm
Clear Creek County has issued an evacuation order due to a Wildland Fire for Western Inn Trailer Court near Lawson/Dumont. If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If you have additional information, please call 303-980-7300.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2024 17:54 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
From Clear Creek County 17min ago:
Update 5:20 PM: There were 3 fires in this area today - the largest has grown to 5 acres and is 25% contained. Summit County Fire has been called to assist too. The two other fires were small and have been put out.

@CSP_Golden 58min ago
Semi's / Large Vehicles not permitted in Georgetown.

Semi drivers headed to WB US 40 use I-70 to Colo 9 exit 205 and north to Kremmling.

19 Jul 2024 18:05 #3 by MountainTownAlerts
Clear Creek County, Colorado @ClearCreekCoGov
Update 5:45 PM: Five homes were evacuated in Hidden Valley (mobile home park at #WesternInnFire location). Evacuations are still in effect.

19 Jul 2024 19:04 #4 by MountainTownAlerts
@jeffcom911co 16min ago
The Clear Creek County Evacuation order for Western Inn Trailer Park has now been lifted. Please call 303-980-7300 for the Non-Emergency Line with any questions. #WesternInnFire

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds