56 percent say no to Conifer parks and rec district - Flume

04 May 2011 03:29 #1 by Flume editor
The proposition to form a Conifer-area parks and recreation district failed in Tuesday's election, with 56 percent of the votes cast against the formation of the district and 44 percent in favor. There were 1,323 no votes and 1,040 yes votes. The votes for the candidates for the board seats would only have been relevant if the proposition had passed. More details are available at The Flume's website at http://www.theflume.com/ and in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2011 05:01 #2 by TPP
Very cool, even though Voting WAS A COMPLETE CLUSTER!, 1.15hr. and sugar crashing, WTH!, the end of the line
started in the middle of the room... These folks need to get a clue!! Take a hint from Disenyland zig-zag, NOT A CIRCLE!!!
End of rant.

04 May 2011 07:00 #3 by Grady

TPP wrote: Very cool, even though Voting WAS A COMPLETE CLUSTER!, 1.15hr. and sugar crashing, WTH!, the end of the line
started in the middle of the room... These folks need to get a clue!! Take a hint from Disenyland zig-zag, NOT A CIRCLE!!!
End of rant.

I'll say it again, the proponets were hoping for a low turnout. Good job to everyone who made the effort to show up and voted :no2:

04 May 2011 09:05 #4 by TPP

04 May 2011 13:18 #5 by Local_Historian
Indeed. Husband and I were joking about how we were circling out of hell. Good job, folks!

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds