Bailey's El Rio restaurant closes its doors - The Flume

13 May 2011 12:31 #1 by Flume editor
The owners of the El Rio Mexican restaurant in Bailey closed the restaurant for good on May 7. A letter posted on the front door from owners Robert and Trisha Ortiz said that Robert Ortiz had been advised by doctors to retire because of his cancer, which he has been battling for two years. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 May 2011 16:48 #2 by noneya BIZ
ONE MORE BUSINESS DOWN!!! You'd think those IDIOT CAOMMISSIONERS would take that into consideration befor they spend (which is going to be tax payers paying more) before they build that INSANE Comm. Center. How about GENEREATING MORE REVENUE BEFORE SPENDING $2.4 MILLION.....

16 May 2011 17:28 #3 by JMC
I think it had to do with some personal issues.

16 May 2011 18:40 #4 by noneya BIZ
Regardless their still closed...

16 May 2011 19:18 #5 by Dilbert
The owner has cancer according to The Flume article but this place has been going downhill for years. I tried it a couple times over the last 5-6 years and the food was awful and the service was even worse. It's too bad that they couldn't turn it around and sell it before this happened.

17 May 2011 05:35 #6 by TPP
Wow, Bummer, all I can say...

18 May 2011 17:04 #7 by V_A

noneya BIZ wrote: ONE MORE BUSINESS DOWN!!! You'd think those IDIOT CAOMMISSIONERS would take that into consideration befor they spend (which is going to be tax payers paying more) before they build that INSANE Comm. Center. How about GENEREATING MORE REVENUE BEFORE SPENDING $2.4 MILLION.....

There is no solution for stupid.

trying to connect a business closing due the owner having cancer to paying for a communication center is STUPID ... the restaurant didn't pay sales taxes and the only the tax the county will loose is the 911 surcharge from the phone line at the business. About $1 per month. Good job ace.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds