July 21 Meeting @ Beaver Ranch

18 Jul 2011 18:48 #1 by 285CorridorTeaPartyGroup
July 21 Meeting @ Beaver Ranch was created by 285CorridorTeaPartyGroup
[center:3i2lsjp8]Gather 6:30 pm
Meeting 7:00 pm
Featured Speaker: Don Rosier, Jefferson County Commissioner.
[/center:3i2lsjp8]

Come on down see what is happening down at the Taj Maha, I am sure Don would welcome your input , officials usually come to listen to you, the public more than they come to speak.

So come on down and bring your friends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2011 13:49 #2 by 285CorridorTeaPartyGroup
Replied by 285CorridorTeaPartyGroup on topic July 21 Meeting @ Beaver Ranch
Notes 7/21
Jefferson County Commissioner Don Rosier was the featured speaker.

Before Don spoke we did reiterate some of the points that were brought up at the last meeting.

Some of the items that Commissioner spoke of were;
There is a Jefferson School board election in November.
The Jefferson school district budget is right at $1 Billion that’s billion with a B, more than twice the rest of the county’s budget. They spend almost $11.500 per student per year.

Jefferson County is projected to have 4.5% less revenue in 2012. The commissioners are looking hard at each department, including removing the department’s projected new hire budgets.

The board also halted enforcement of the temporary sign and banner ordinances until new regulations can be worked out.

The board also is working with the planning department to implement a streamlined process. Large projects will still require months to complete where smaller less impacting projects will be able to be completed the in a much shorter time.

The board is also working on the short term rental issue; apparently Jefferson County is one of the few counties in Colorado with no “short term rental regulations”.

The commissioner did comment that we are all served best when we stay informed and involved.

So especially at the state and local level do not hesitate to call, write or email your local politicians they serve at our pleasure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds