Beer vs Wine Battle/Dinner July 28th

21 Jul 2011 20:00 #1 by ScienceChic
Okay, the name of this winery caught my attention, and it's story hooked me (wine making + intelligence!), :thumbsup: and a beer vs wine event sounded cool so I had to post it! I haven't tried their wines yet, but will definitely be visiting soon!

Jul 28th — IMT & Encore Dinner- UINTA Beer vs IMT Wine!
Join us at Encore Restaurant for a superb 4 course meal prepared by Chef Paul Reilly along with a wine/beer pairing battle between IMT winemaker Ben Parsons duking it out with Uinta Brews.

Price: $69 per person (+tax and gratuity) RSVP @ 303-355-1112

Battleground Details:
Round 1: First course- UINTA Smile Pilsner vs IMT Albarino, paired with Garbanzo Stuffed Squid, Mache Bundle, Salsa Verde
Round 2: UINTA Detour vs IMT Rose, paired with Pork Liver Pate, Pickled Cherries, Red Onion, Grilled Ciabatta
Round 3: UINTA Labyrinth Black Ale vs IMT Petite Syrah, paired with Charred “Bear Mountain Ranch” Bison Medallions, Espresso BBQ Sauce, Sweet Corn, Point Reyes Blue, Mizuna
Round 4: UINTA Cockeyed Cooper Barley Wine vs IMT Black Muscat, paired with Candied Orange-Fennel Claufotis, Anisette Cookie, Vanilla Bean-Saffron Anglaise

Time: 6:30pm - 10:00pm

The Event page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202915503087376

http://theinfinitemonkeytheorem.com/our-story/

The Infinite Monkey Theorem states that a monkey striking the keys of a typewriter at random for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type the complete works of Shakespeare. On its face, the name seems to be a simple irony compared to the incredibly controlled process of premier winemaking.

What The Infinite Monkey Theorem is really saying is the concept of infinity, while massive and incomprehensible, provides order for an otherwise chaotic system.

At the heart of the project lives a mad scientist who has dedicated his life to this endeavor.

From an alleyway on Santa Fe, we produce the finest wines in Colorado. We are the Shakespeare, not the monkey.

Think about it.

Their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theinfinitemon ... em?sk=info

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2011 20:45 #2 by LOL
JMO, but I think wine will win easily. Beer is good for relaxing with a couple pints during happy hour before eating. Once I order food, I don't want to see beer anymore. I get the hiccups if I drink beer after food! LOL

Wine is good for both. It goes great with food and is less filling than beer.

Cheers to both. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds