Walkers sue Park County - The Flume

28 Dec 2011 14:49 #11 by Photo-fish

MamaRama wrote: This is NOTHING more than a LAND GRAB by the GOOD ol BOYS AND GIRL of Park county.. And tell me Photo, how do YOU justify taking away a persons livelihood?? and think about this, Nobody who relies on his cattle to feed, cloth and shelter his/her family is going to in anyway jeopardize that/them. You don't cut your nose off to save your face do ya??

I don't justify it at all. I just know that if 140+ animals in your care die in one year then maybe you are not doing a very good job or at least need help. Sound like he did a not so good job and that is why they took the rest of the cattle away, so more would not die. He should have known the condition of the cattle in his care and asked for help or sold some off. Even if, as you say, predators may be responsible, (I don't buy that for a second) doesn't he have some responsibility to know that it was happening and then try to protect the rest? If he doesn't report the predation or try to halt it then he is still being negligent right?

LAND GRAB?? Did they take his land too or just his cattle (which were leased by the way)?

I dont understand the last 2 lines you typed. please clarify?

Do you know if the ban from managing cattle in Park County is for good or just for a certain period of time until he can show proof of adequate care?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2011 15:01 #12 by MamaRama
I thought you were done talking?? or caring??

28 Dec 2011 15:02 #13 by MamaRama
By the way their called BROWN SWISS CATTLE....

28 Dec 2011 15:39 #14 by Photo-fish

MamaRama wrote: I thought you were done talking?? or caring??

You responded back. With questions even. I though it would be rude of me to ignore your questions and comments. I am just looking for a little insight into this. I am not one to think this is purely another one of those Park County good ol' boy conspiracies.
I would feel the same way if a persons dogs were taken away for abuse or neglect.

The pictures from the case don't look like they're brown swiss.

How do you justify 140+ dead cows in a year?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Dec 2011 17:31 #15 by MamaRama
I never once said Vern's cows were Brown Swiss.. I don't justify 140 cattle dead in one year, but what I can tell you from spending time on my Uncle Herb's cattle ranch is that cattle die and some for NO GOOD reason at all.. I wouldn't think of it as a CONSPIRACY either if this was the FIRST time that the GOOD OL BOYS AND GIRL had come for Vern, but it isn't. They have been doggin this old man since about 2002-2003.

Like I said about the Walkers dogs, I don't believe in abusing ANY animal, but PEOPLE still have rights and those in BOTH of these cases were ignored by the GOOD OL BOYS AND GIRL...

28 Dec 2011 18:21 #16 by Photo-fish
What rights do you think were ignored?

Mr. Walker had prior animal cruelty convictions. This last case involved the deaths and starving of dozens of dogs. I just read the case files and saw pictures. HORRIBLE!!!
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/15992/CO/US/

Walker also received two years of supervised probation, with the condition that he acquire no new animals and take part in no animal-related business. He must also serve 48 hours of community service

Sounds fair.

If this would have happened a couple dozen miles east in Teller County would you be as upset? Because Teller county deputies had similar findings on the Walkers' Teller property.

I blame the state regulators and animal health inspectors as well, they should have been on top of this before any dogs had to die.

29 Dec 2011 06:44 #17 by V_A
Photo, there is no sense in fighting the anti Park County crowd. For ever logical question you raise they will throw out wild assumptions.

There is no evidence of doctored photo's nor that anyone is trying to get Vern's land or leased land for market value.

Who knows why Vern had 140 cattle dead and 400 emaciated cattle. All we know is that something changed, Vern appears to have been a successful rancher and the death of a few cattle a year is not abnormal (I know this from experience) but the rate of deaths and emaciated animals is extreme. So what changed for Vern? Is Vern loosing his mental capacity, was he running out of $ , or ?? Only Vern knows for sure.

Whether it is the Walkers and dogs or Vern and cattle, the treatment of the animals in both cases is not acceptable. I'm glad someone stepped in and stopped the deaths and mistreatment of the animals.

Imagine if Park County did nothing against Vern, the anti Park County crowd would be screaming cover up.

29 Dec 2011 09:08 #18 by HappyCamper
I know a person who helped move the remaining cattle off the property and the description they gave of the cattle was just horrible most were 200 to 300 pounds under weight.

One calf died during the move because it was so under weight and most likely dehydrated.

I am glad animals are taken from people like this!

30 Dec 2011 18:24 #19 by MamaRama
From what I have read regarding the Walkers there are SEVERAL Civil Rights Violations by the PCSO AND ANIMAL CONTROL. And if memory serves me right the same folks in question (pcso and animal control) VIOLATED Vern Wagners Civil Rights too..

31 Dec 2011 09:06 #20 by Photo-fish
WHAT rights do you think were violated?

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds