Malnourished horses investigated in Bailey area - The Flume

19 Feb 2012 12:43 #1 by Flume Reporter
The Park County Sheriff's Office is investigating the Echo Valley Ranch in the Bailey area after a number of malnourished horses were discovered there.
The investigation began after the Park County Sheriff's Office received a call from deputies from Routt County, who were at the Echo Valley Ranch, east of downtown Bailey on Park County Road 68, executing a court order to collect two horses.
To read the story, visit [url=http://www.theflume.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.theflume.com[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2012 06:52 #2 by MamaRama
I guess the PCSO spent toooo much time dogging Vern to pay attention here huh?

20 Feb 2012 12:34 #3 by Photo-fish
WAY TO GO PARK COUNTY SHERIFF AND ANIMAL CONTROL!!

Kudos to Routt County deputies too!

I dislike people that abuse and neglect animals. I am not a big fan of the people that cover for them either. (Speaking to the friends, neighbors, etc, that saw it all but did nothing.)

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

25 Feb 2012 19:59 #4 by MamaRama
If I'm not mistaken there Photo-Fish, Ron had been in trouble in GOOD OLD PARK COUNTY in 2003-2004 for the same thing.. starving his horses and that's when they took them down to the Vet on so. Santa Fe and 470 to bring them back up to the correct weight and then they PCSO proceeded to give them back to the IDIOT.. So i see NO KUDOS to PCSO....

26 Feb 2012 08:48 #5 by HappyCamper
If it is true about the other incident I wish I could find the article on it so could include it in my letter to Park County.

26 Feb 2012 09:00 #6 by noneya BIZ
I remember the incident too, but don't know if the FLEME ever did an article on it. Try the other Mntn. Newspapers Happy it might show up there.

I would like to share my neighbors experience with all about some NEGLECTED dogs in their area and the lack of interest by the PCSO.

These dogs are CARRYING around tumors that are the size of ORANGES all over their bodies. Complaints by not 1 but 2 neighbors were given to the following folks at PCSO. Fred, Hannigan and PARTY HARDY, but do to the fact that the woman at the house drives a bus for the county and the man at the house is GOOD BUDDIES with the PCSO these complaints have fallen on deaf ears. makes me wonder WHO Ron is GOOD BUDDIES with for this all to be swept under the rug for so long??

26 Feb 2012 09:15 #7 by Photo-fish
So if this is not the first time, should the owner be stripped from his right to have these animals in his care? Sounds like you think so...

What if more animals die under someones care, like 147 cows in a year (Wagner), or dozens of dogs(Walker)? Should they be stripped of their right to care for animals too?

PCSO is damned if they do the job and damned if they don't it seems.... :Whistle

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

26 Feb 2012 09:43 #8 by HappyCamper
Tried searching the Flume, Canyon Courier and Hightimber Times and I don't think their records go back that far online.

Photo I do not think a person found guilty of animal abuse should be allowed to continue to harm animals.

Unfortunately there is not enough money in the system to follow up on indiviuals to make sure that it does not happen again. Thankfully at least if abuse happens to a human the laws are harsher.

26 Feb 2012 10:07 #9 by Photo-fish

HappyCamper wrote: Photo I do not think a person found guilty of animal abuse should be allowed to continue to harm animals.

Unfortunately there is not enough money in the system to follow up on indiviuals to make sure that it does not happen again.

I totally agree with you.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds