Platte ambulance #s don't fit pre-election talk - Flume

14 Sep 2012 23:18 #1 by Flume editor
Recently released audit reports and billing information for the Bailey-based Platte Canyon Fire Protection District show that the numbers used to justify a property tax increase that passed in the November 2009 election are far different from current reality. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Sep 2012 08:41 #2 by CC
hmmm.... Why am I not surprised.
(Trying hard to not say "I told you so:)

18 Sep 2012 09:11 #3 by Let the Wildlife run PC
We all knew it was going to happen Becky.. (or atleast most of us) I think one HUGE issue is all of the "PAID" firefighters now, and of course the EMS... The whole department use to be almost all volunteers, that was back when they had money. I don't even think they have any volunteers anymore.

Well now aren't they in a "pickle", cause I really don't think the county will be fooled again into MORE taxes... But then again, the voters up here don't research the issues... kind-of like throwing a dart at a dart board with their eyes closed... Not to mention Greene doing what she's paid to do... nothin' here surprises me anymore.... Our County government in all aspects is absolutely disgusting and a total embarrassment. :Sick:

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds