Drug Take-Back Day, Saturday, September 29, 2012

19 Sep 2012 12:38 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
http://jeffco.us/sheriff/sheriff_T62_R294.htm

Drug Take-Back Day, Saturday, September 29, 2012

Turn in your unused or expired medications for safe disposal.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office will be joining law enforcement agencies nationwide to remove potentially dangerous controlled substances from our nation’s medicine cabinets. The DEA's National Take-Back Day provides an opportunity for the public to surrender expired, unwanted, or unused pharmaceutical controlled substances and other medications for destruction. These drugs are a potential source of supply for illegal use and an unacceptable risk to public health and safety.

Sheriff's representatives will be set up at two drop-off locations across the county.

Saturday, September 29
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Dakota Ridge High School, 13399 W. Coal Mine Ave., Littleton (west parking lot)
Evergreen Fire Rescue, 1802 Bergen Parkway, Evergreen

This one-day effort is intended to bring national focus to the issue of increasing pharmaceutical controlled substance abuse.

The program is anonymous.
Prescription and over-the-counter solid dosage medications, (tablets and capsules) are accepted.
Intravenous solutions, injectables, and needles will not be accepted.
Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not a part of this initiative.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds